Best coil, box , resister combo ?

-
Well I've been trouble shooting guys. I got the revenator box msd coil and the supplied .8ohm resister. I changed one part at a time. The rev box was working. Put the msd coil in and everything went south. The rev box couldn't get set. So Mancini is taking the revenator box back to exchange. I used the msd coil for target practice.
I have a new flame thrower coil. The old chrome box and the old .25 ohm resister. It's running awesome. But not traffic lol. I'm sure the box still needs replacing. Waiting for the revenator exchange and small resister. Will try again. Or back to current set up.
Big question. Why do I have to use the bigger .25 ohm resister with chrome box.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

one issue I could see being major is that air cleaner, it can only draw air from the space between the hood and air cleaner, besides you don't wanna see what happens if a car backfires through the carburator with one of those on!

I like your idea. The wire clean up alone is worth it. I'm sick if the wire harness. It's a mess. To much. I will check into the Gm pick up.
Thank you.

one issue I could see being major is that air cleaner, it can only draw air from the space between the hood and air cleaner, besides you don't wanna see what happens if a car backfires through the carburator with one of those on!
Well I have a way bigger demon on the now. Runs fine. A little rich. And a 1 inch spacer. The pic is a little old. I hate that air cleaner too . I had to cut it down and use fine wire mesh for filter. I can't find a regular air cleaner that will let my hood close. I'm stuck with this one. Any ideas so I can chuck this cleaner. Without cutting my hood ?

-
Back