best fluid for torqueflite

-

JD_Baker

Jonrides4fun
Reaction score
I am being encouraged to use type f fluid in my 1974 torqueflite transmission. What is the best fluid to use?

thanks for the info. My trany guy is telling me f is for friction and it will work better. I am not sure how sensitive these tranys are. Can the wrong fluid damage them?

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=30849&d=1381625057[/IMG] first image i have posted. not sure if this will work.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG0761.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 373
getting paint and trany done. sublime with hood scoops. Should be a fun project.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG0763 (2).jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 376
I can see from your build why you would say that. I am going for a $4,500 hot rod to drive. Working all my old automotive connections to do it low buck and fun.

X2 ,Poison, dead on target. Doing Sublime, myself. Should start a restore thread,guy.

I keep it simple and just run dextron.

+3 is you can find it. if the fluid is dark dark just leave it till the rebuild...

With the Dex,"2,3," ,and now "premium trans " fluids listed for Dextron,I always heard a thinner viscosity ,for mileage improvements. Being a non synthetic base,doesn't a thinner viscosity lead to lower temprature fluid boiling points? Did some personal research . The best of the non synthetic fluids,broke down at 230/240 farenheit . Synthetic,went 450+ . Saved my Turbo 400 ,for a long time.(Yes,I had a huge trans cooler). I simply don't trust,newer "generic" lubricants. Newer enlightenment,would be a wonderful thing.

Extended the life,on a Turbo 400 trans. Went 5300/5400 stall. Cooked standard fluid,to a crisp (converter ,WAY too loose.) Synthetic lasted,another year. A bought off the shelf product. The car,left one wheel up,on the street....

-
Back