Best Headers For My New 74 Dart Sport

-

Marv1

Reaction score
What the best headers to put on my new 74 Dart Sport. It has the original 318 with 4 bbl. and new intake. Wanting to get a more throaty sound.. Any help would be appreciated,,

TTI's or Dougs.

You said best. Not cheapest.

Dougs D453 from autozone with a 20-25% discount code

Nice pieces, don't hang low and work well.

Just ordered a set of Dougs for my car. I have Hooker super comps on it now and they are the biggest pain in the *** I've ever dealt with.

TTI's or Dougs are the best if you want to spend the money. I run Hedman's on my 74 Dart Sport and they are fine. Dont scrape but were a pain in the a** to install. Just my $.02

Dougs all the way! just put them in my dart and they sit high and fit perfectly.

Gotta wonder how many more times this is going to be asked....

It seems like a lot to us "regulars", but there's always going to be someone who's a newbie or didn't see or need opinions at the time of the last inquiry.

Personally, I run TTI and have been very happy with the ease of installation, fit and performance.

How TTI headers are manufactured:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1fLY0RwrGk"]How High Performance Headers Are Built - YouTube[/ame]

As often as someone new to mopar wants to get more power out of their car . Thibgs also change once in a while , new designs/products . Besides that's what this forum is for , otherwise just use google and shut the doors here , no ?
Dougs and TTI are best , but I went with Hedman tight tubes with really well made 2 1/2 inch SS mandrel bent pipes from the collectors , flows really well , regular starter no mini needed easy to install remove (15 MINUTES IN AND OUT ) , plenty of ground clearance . For me it was "best" . Link to more pics http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1437563&postcount=121

I am currently running the Heddman 78500 "block huggers" and not real happy with them. The collector location makes real hard bends necessary to keep exhaust above crossmember and steering linkage, and the ports don't match the heads on 340-360. They are port sized for the 273-318. However, I just bought a set of Doug's D453, and they are port matched to the 273-318 also! When I contacted Doug's (pertronix) about it, he basically blew me off, and said also, if I modify them to fit, there will be no warranty. Bummer!!!! I say buy the TTI's!

Not sure of port size , but you'll need a good shop to do the pipes from the collectors if you want flow and clearance , I have yet to hit them . In all the tests they made as much power or close to all other hedders . Thinl it was 7 or 8 hp less than tti , at least they are better than manifolds and better than the Hookers I replaced .

The mismatch port is NOT a big deal unless you are putting down some 500+ hp numbers.

On a 360 I did the difference between tti and dougs was a whopping 6hp...

I'll take the header savings in the 250-300 range and put it towards a better converter, then go whoop up on the same car with tti headers.

Hey Cracked! Did you notice if the TTI's were port matched to 340-360 size? Also, I don't care for loose converters on the street. This is an autocross car that I like to take to the drags once in a while. (13.60 with nearly stock 340, and the block huggers)

-
Back