best intake carb combo for kickdown

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
what would be the best intake carb combo on 72 340 duster for trans kickdown and very little issues to deal with?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it really would be better to put on there what's best for the engine.

With that said, there's a bunch of options. You could go with an original cast iron intake and a Thermoquad. Personally I run a Weiand Action Plus intake with a Summit Street/Strip carb with no issues.

There's really a bunch of options for you. You just need to have the 4v bracket to hold the accelerator linkage and throttle pressure linkage.

There are some combinations that might require you to use the Lokar assembly, either way it can be done.

the car is stock, everything there,has sat for a few years, i have an ld340 and a holley 4150, just want transition to be smooth

the car is stock, everything there,has sat for a few years, i have an ld340 and a holley 4150, just want transition to be smooth

You should be OK with that, it really depends on the throttle pressure shaft up at the carb.

I'm assuming it had a 4 barrel before?

The smoothest transition will be a Bouchillon cable setup. It comes with everything you need. It will have parts that will work with whatever intake you have. That way you will not have to search for impossible to find factory parts that are priced stupid high for 40 year old hard to find junk. The Bouchillon kit is well worth the money.

I agree with BadSport. You shouldn't limit yourself on your induction choices based on what will work with the throttle pressure linkage. Using the Bouchillon kit will enable you to pretty much use any intake you want.

thanks guys, rusty u r right on as usual, i have the bouchilon setup on 72 demon, just hoping i may get lucky with a certain combo that has worked well for others

Edelbrock RPM
Edelbrock Thunder Series 650cfm.
Edelbrock Chrysler adapter.
Stock 340 linkage.
Bolts together just like a factory Carter 340 car.
Nothing simpler, once you have the parts, and if your car is an original
340 car, you have the linkage.
Edit: This pic is with a Ede 600, now has the Ede 650.

Attachments

• faucet pics 832.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 118
-
Back