Best or worst concert?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
I enjoyed the First concert thread, thought a best/worst would be as fun. Ill start

Best concert: Adam and the Ants "Friend or Foe" tour and any Oingo Boingo Holloween shows, bith bands are super tight live and sounded great..and Foghat when I saw them in a bar in Westminster, CA in front of about 50 people, they rocked!!!

Worst: Sex Pistols "Filthy Lucre" tour...Pistols went corporate and sounded like crap: no energy, Johnny threatened to walk out if people didnt stop throwing **** on the stage (because they were so flat) It was a bust, openers were better and that was not saying much. Glad the ticket was free!

Oh, Ill have to add Pennywize opening for Vandals, I think I lost about 10 lbs in the pit that night, They both kicked punk ***!

Best: AC/DC; saw them on three different tours, all of them were great

Worst: Ratt; I can't remember which tour, but they sucked in concert

hmm Best ??? I have been to so many. I guess seeing Queensryche in their studio was up there I was 18 or 19 ? My Mom's B/f modded their amps and built them flangers. So at that age and watching rock stars from 5 feet away without anyone in your way and beins star struck at the same time !! The experience was awesome. I also saw them in 87 open for AC/DC got to go backstage that was my 16th birthday present I think they blew AC/Dc away.

Best: B-52's Halloween 1987(?) Fox Theatre Atlanta

Worst: Pat Benetar 1979(?) Lakeland FL, sound engineering problems, distortion, she sang terrible and flat and out of sync with the band.

Best: Lynyrd Skynryd or Slipnot/Slayer/Lamb of God....both were great concerts but a little different so I its tough to say which was better.
Worst: Rob Zombie/Korn...they tried way to hard to put on show rather than just play music. Rob Zombie was a little too old to be moving around like he wants to.

I would have to say Scorpions 85 world wide live Ratt opened was a great show !!!

The best: Ozzy's "No More Tours" tour, August 19, 1992. Faster Pussycat opened (they sucked!), Ugly Kid Joe played second (rocked!), and then Ozzy!

Worst: Poison with Warrant opening. I got dragged there by my then girlfriend since she paid. The whole show sucked with the crappy music and all the metal head poser, wannabes!

The best out of all the concerts I went to would most likely have been Grand Funk Railroad "We're an American Band" tour with Wet Willie as an opening act around 1974.
The worst was the Greatful Dead around the same time frame. Don't go see the Dead unless you are stoned, high, or just drunk. I learned the hard way. Excuse the outfits in the below videos.....after all it was 1974!
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZj1uElADZw"]Grand funk railroad - Footstompin' Music - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMsIrKjSM6Y"]Grand Funk Railroad - We're An American Band LIVE - 1974 - YouTube[/ame]

Worst: Poison with Warrant opening. I got dragged there by my then girlfriend since she paid. The whole show sucked with the crappy music and all the metal head poser, wannabes!

HAHA

I had a buddy that worked with Poison. Got a free pass to the show, stood on the mix board platform which was cool. One of the girls on the platform was a stripper from my friends bachelor party the week before... Surprisingly, she was very uncomfortable standing there with her ???? BF... LOL She actually looked better with her clothes on, which I told her.

Yeah, they weren't and aren't very good, not my taste in music.

Worst for me was Cal-Jam 2... I got so toasted I slept through most of it...

The best hands down was Supertarmp ( all three times) !!

The worst was the Beach Boys ( they could not sing worth a crap) !!

The best for me was Third Day in the Come Together Tour. I took Sarah because they were in town, we had the time and money, and the seats couldn't be beat. Turned me into an instant Third Day fan.

Best: Nazareth

Worst: ZZ Top Sound problems. It was so loud you couldn't tell what song they were playing. It was echoing around and distorted so bad.... They kept working to improve it but we left early. Saw them on the same tour a few weeks later in Billings MT and that was an awesome concert!

well, I'd say the best I have been to was Lynard Skynard. These guys are simply awsome! I never really went to a concert I did not enjoy....

The best would be Bad Company, Running with the pack tour Lakeland civic center, ELO (electric light orchestra) opened for them.

Worst Black oak Arkansas back in the day, Jim Dandy running around the stage with tights on with 4 young back up musicians :banghead:
I think It was in Tampa Florida in a park.. the music was good, but the on stage performance was not :protest: HAY JIM!! Grow up and put some pants on!!!!!!!

Best was '87 Triumph @ Lakeland Civic Center. Show and sound was amazing.

WOW, I did not see your thread, pouring my last cup of coffee
X2 the sound in that place was amazing even in 76. Triumph :cheers:
a great ol band for sure :cheers:

The best concerts were Stevie Ray Vaughn/Albert Collins in the early 80's seen at the Aragon Ballroom in Chi town and Yes both here at Red Rocks and back in Chicago at the Rosemont Horizon.

The worst was Molly Hatchet at the Thirsty Whale, way too small a venue for the sound system.. I think that concert is part of my permanent hearing loss issue.

The best concerts were Stevie Ray Vaughn/Albert Collins in the early 80's seen at the Aragon Ballroom in Chi town and Yes both here at Red Rocks and back in Chicago at the Rosemont Horizon.

The worst was Molly Hatchet at the Thirsty Whale, way too small a venue for the sound system.. I think that concert is part of my permanent hearing loss issue.

DANG MAN !!!! :blob::blob: I never got to see Stevie!!
That had to have been a top shelf memory maker right there and Albert Collins :cheers: I am happy some one got to see him before we lost him with Eric Claptons band, Eric stayed and Stevie took his set for the fly back. :hello2:

The best was in the late 90's when all the original members got back together was KISS the hottest band in the land. And the worst was ELO the opening act sucked.

The best, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention in the Seattle Center opera house in 1969 or 1970, a bit hazy on the date:)

Best show was AC/DC. The fans went nutz and the seat cushions were being ripped off there chairs,thrown around like frezz-be's. Smokin and drinkin and out right whoopin in it up like there was no tomorrow, all or nothing tonight! And the crowd went for it.

Other noteables were;

Ozzy
Queensryche
Jimmy Page and the Outrider run
Robert Plant was a big surprise. Worth every cent.
And KISS, OMG KISS kicks ***. I couldn't believe how excellent the show was.

WORST? Areosmith. The band stood there like dressed Mannequins. Steven T can not be a one man show. He wasn't that entertaining either. They sucked so bad, I through out there albums. Never regretted it either.

Best: As said in the other concert thread, the Eagles a couple of years ago at the Honda Center in Anaheim. Outstanding, just one hit song after another.

Worst: Jerry Lee Lewis as part of a '60s "Oldies" concert about 15+ years ago. He was so drunk he couldn't remember the words to his own songs. Originally had front row tickets but they ended up being right in front of the speakers on one side of the stage - we asked to move and they moved us to some much better seats in the front row of the next level up on the side.

Best show was AC/DC. The fans went nutz and the seat cushions were being ripped off there chairs,thrown around like frezz-be's. Smokin and drinkin and out right whoopin in it up like there was no tomorrow, all or nothing tonight! And the crowd went for it.

Other noteables were;

Ozzy
Queensryche
Jimmy Page and the Outrider run
Robert Plant was a big surprise. Worth every cent.
And KISS, OMG KISS kicks ***. I couldn't believe how excellent the show was.

WORST? Areosmith. The band stood there like dressed Mannequins. Steven T can not be a one man show. He wasn't that entertaining either. They sucked so bad, I through out there albums. Never regretted it either.

You have seen some dandies :cheers: and was part of the A/C D/C concert that made the news back in the day :cheers::cheers:

I can see you throwing Areosmith out the window saying Fly this way!!:hello2:

-
Back