Best original looking radiator

-
Post a want ad with the tank #. You "may" get lucky lol.
If you post "wanted 69 barracuda 383 rad".....expect to PAY lol
I’ll look into that too. Not really seeing any company’s that looks original. But since it is kinda a rare car, wouldn’t mind having an accurate one too I suppose if it can be found and without costing an arm and a leg.

Post a want ad with the tank #. You "may" get lucky lol.
If you post "wanted 69 barracuda 383 rad".....expect to PAY lol
Heck ya. We all have radiators laying around. Too bad mine would be too small for your 383 car.

This "stuff" is drying up FAST, that's why I try to find my #'s/period correct stuff asap. As I mentioned low numbers car means high dollar parts=pita....never again for me.
Heck ya. We all have radiators laying around. Too bad mine would be too small for your 383 car.

Many years ago I picked mine from a junk yard, I think it was a small block 67 Dart maybe, it has the same round top the number is 2949066 if it helps. It is a manual trans one with plugs in the line fittings though. There were more radiator shops back then, I paid about $200 bucks to get it cleaned& re-cored with an extra row. I don't remember what I paid for the radiator. It wasn't much back then

Last edited:
This is a great topic that focus's in on a question that almost all of us have to answer. Do I want to go for originality or do I want to sacrifice a little originality in favor of performance. There isn't a single mfg that can claim to do both in this case.
That 69 radiator is very unique looking. If you are doing a concours restoration on a very rare car, then originality should be of primary importance. I think recoring your original through the proposed source is a must.

If that isn't your situation, then ANY of the other options presented make perfect sense. With these other options, performance, price, visual aspects all vary slightly and you then need to select which one best suits your situation.

I may
This is a great topic that focus's in on a question that almost all of us have to answer. Do I want to go for originality or do I want to sacrifice a little originality in favor of performance. There isn't a single mfg that can claim to do both in this case.
That 69 radiator is very unique looking. If you are doing a concours restoration on a very rare car, then originality should be of primary importance. I think recoring your original through the proposed source is a must.

If that isn't your situation, then ANY of the other options presented make perfect sense. With these other options, performance, price, visual aspects all vary slightly and you then need to select which one best suits your situation.
I May have found someone with an original I could recore (I do not have an original) Originality is important to me, doing a day two resto and it is an original 383/727 car. Not numbers matching but still a rare one of 272. However I would not be opposed to using better materials when I recore to cook better.

Years back on Bigblockdart forum someone post you can still buy a Ford (Truck ?) radiator that has that round top. I will see if I can find it.

Years back on Bigblockdart forum someone post you can still buy a Ford (Truck ?) radiator that has that round top. I will see if I can find it.
It's round top and similar but the Mopar stamping is quite unique in my opinion.

I may

I May have found someone with an original I could recore (I do not have an original) Originality is important to me, doing a day two resto and it is an original 383/727 car. Not numbers matching but still a rare one of 272. However I would not be opposed to using better materials when I recore to cook better.
I think finding a good core and getting it recored is the way to go. They are out there. Try Ebay and post a want ad here on the forums. You don't need a 3 core radiator to make a 3 core unit. The tanks should be the same as the 2 core as long as it is the 22" version. That may help you find a core easier and cheaper.

Good luck!

-
Back