Best place to buy parts

-

rosco426

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Purchasing most of my parts for my 318 build and was just wondering where most of you guys buy your parts.

Most of us down here buy stuff from Summit and was wondering if there is a place you guys recommend for service and price.

Cheers,

Rosco

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Summit and Jegs's have good stuff, also Rock Auto is very reasonable.

cant beat summit racing for service and getting the right parts, same for Mancini Racing, I have had nothing but trouble with orders from Jegs so I stay away from them but that's just me. Depends on what you need as to wheres the best places to buy from.

I've had great luck with Summit and Mancini. My local NAPA store is top notch for stock parts but you might not have one where you are, and I have had good luck with Rockauto also. I like their website. All products come up so you can price and quality compare. tmm

Hi rosco426
Been buying through Summit, PST and Rockauto, never had a problem with shipping to Oz with any of them.
Just watch the freight and keep it under $999.99.

Hi rosco426
Been buying through Summit, PST and Rockauto, never had a problem with shipping to Oz with any of them.
Just watch the freight and keep it under $999.99.

My stuff is going in a container, does it make a difference then if its under or over $1000?

My stuff is going in a container, does it make a difference then if its under or over $1000?

Yes it will especially if they are new parts. You need to fill in the import approval paper work, your importer can help you out.
Make sure you have a reciept or invoice with the value of $999.99 if not the tax and duties will be an added cost that you may not need.

I'm guessing the container is not YOUR container. IE you are getting your items put on someone Else's container which they are organizing and you will be paying them per item on basis of weight/size etc. correct?

to my knowledge.. If that is the case the person organizing the container will add 10% of your item's value (in AUD) to their shipping price (what they charge you) because they are the ones responsible for taking care of customs, duty and taxes. Nothing can be removed from a container until the total fee is paid for ALL items inside.

This is more efficient as there is only ONE broker fee for the container to be paid instead of one for each end recipient.

I've never shipped anything in a container but for small items sent through the mail or courier I can recommend summit racing, they will give you a quote on shipping price on their website and it's usually 100% accurate and competitive.

I've had good experience with amazon on the occasion i buy from them but unfortunately a ridiculously large percentage of items are listed as "this item does not currently ship to Australia"

JEGS are also very likely a good option if you are going to be putting your items on a boat. Forget about getting them to send you things through the mail or courier though. I have called them a few times to see if they can get a small item like a carburetor or distributor out to me and they reply with shipping quotes that are several hundred dollars more than the item itself is worth. When i tell them it must be a mistake they get the next person up in the chain of command to confirm it for me and each one is usually apologetic and agrees that the price is extravagant but they can't do anything about it.

If you haven't already chosen an international shipping freight company, a popular one is www.usatoaus.com or www.shiptoaus.com. I know people who are very pleased with how simple and streamlined their service is. they even give a guide to what an item will cost to ship on their website (add 10% for tax).

Best of luck, Hope this helps.

Have you tried Midnight Auto Supply???

I get the five finger discount there....

LOL!

Thanks for all the help guys. Bought virtually everything from summit coming with a friends container so we'll see how we go. I may just send the rockers over direct though.

-
Back