Best shift option for early a with bench???

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Ive just ran into a perplexing situation as i'm on my way to installing my 360/904 into my 63 Valiant. I gathered all the parts for the column shift but the real problem now is that im using 360 magnum manifolds and the down pipe runs exactly where it mounts from the transmission to the frame. What options do i have in this case? I thought using the early a drivers manifold but that would really choke it out, TTI's would be an option but they wont work with column either. What aftermarket shifter would work or be my option with a bench? Any real world experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jake

You into old school ? MR.Gasket shifter with mechanical linkage.Even thou I did it with buckets it will work with a bench. I even raced the car.It had a manual shift valve body.Never missed a shift.I believe Summit/Jegs still have them if you do a search.

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

You into old school ? MR.Gasket shifter with mechanical linkage.Even thou I did it with buckets it will work with a bench. I even raced the car.It had a manual shift valve body.Never missed a shift.I believe Summit/Jegs still have them if you do a search.

View attachment 1715030050

View attachment 1715030051
That looks looked it will work fine. What's the part number ??

Thanks,
Jake

I'm assuming you have a linkage type transmission, not a cable (push button type). Having said that I believe any cable operated aftermarket shifter will work, with no clearance issues.

I'm assuming you have a linkage type transmission, not a cable (push button type). Having said that I believe any cable operated aftermarket shifter will work, with no clearance issues.

Thats what i figured, anyone in particular you would suggest?

Jake

-
Back