best soaking carb cleaner?

-
I thought laquer thinner was an option from back in the day.

Seem to recall reading it in a FSM IIRC
Even if that true you can't buy real lacquer thinner anymore either.... The stuff labeled lacquer thinner these days is actually acetone..... At least thats the case in California for close to twenty years now & the fact it's been twenty years in California means it's probably true in the rest of the US for at least the last five years.... California screws up things for everyone...

For general dirt/grease on the outside, domestic paint stripper is very good; brush it into crevices with a toothbrush.

Oh so fuckin sorry to offend you. I just keep hoping someone might say "hay man try this" and actually help. Go be an *** to someone else. You just made the cut.
Hey dude, up yours! You said multiple times the stuff didn’t work for you, great we get that. Are you the final word on every thread? You think very highly of your opinions here, you post on most every thread ever created. An you’re FULL OF **** half of the time.

I’d like to read all the replies without your negative take on every one of them.

so calm yourself down and go watch some cartoons

Even if that true you can't buy real lacquer thinner anymore either.... The stuff labeled lacquer thinner these days is actually acetone..... At least thats the case in California for close to twenty years now & the fact it's been twenty years in California means it's probably true in the rest of the US for at least the last five years.... California screws up things for everyone...

Not true, but I dont live in Kommi Cali. I buy lacquer thinner all the time and its still the same as it always was. It wont do much to soak a carb in it unless its varnished up. It will still need something else to clean up.

I wonder what evaporust would do to a carb? Probably nothing?

I’ve had good luck boiling them in vinegar for a while. It discolors some but I could care less about that.

I have one. It doesn't do chit.
Ive had 3 of them, 1st one was great, til I wore it out
#2 was like RRR said.
#3 is a little bigger, works fine like #1 did, til it didn't
I got about 3 years out of the 1st one and was skeptical of it at first.

Not long after it came on the market, it didn't take long for the FAA to put out the notification to "not" use simple green on aircraft, bare aluminum, it water spots like hell and promotes corrosion. We can always tell when one of our customers (airplane owner's) never got the word. You have to watch out for Dawn liquid...it's rough on bare aluminum also.
Yep, thanks for the confirmation. I know a ting or two about it, still have one customer that won't stop using it on his Spring wash up..
DCP00666.JPG
leohannivanrebelrecoveryandrepairs 054.jpg

-
Back