best speakers to put in barracuda ???

-

uk-barracuda

Reaction score
ive got a spare cd player in my garage, so im going to stick that in my barracuda,

instead of disconecting the original radio, im going to wire the cd player up from scratch,

my idea was to make a box to put in the boot and put 4 speakers in it, instead of cutting bits out in the car, so put some speak wire to boot,

but what would be the best speakers to put in, all the sound is going to be coming from the back. i dont have a clue on sound systems, i live in the uk so something over here what would be ideal, i dont have a clue what im looking at so if someone could show me the best one's to buy,

cheers

Any good set of 6 by 9`s will put out a decent sound, and if you look under your package tray from trunk, you`ll see the factory already has provisions for em8). I put a set of Sony Explod`s in mine and a set of 5" in door panel that the PO already hacked into. sounds real good to me. I dont need a set of 10`s pounding my kidneys loose anyhow:-D Besides I hardley listen to my CD or radio when I have a whompin 340 to listen to. lol

I didn't really like my Sony Explodes. I do however like my Infinity Kapa series speakers.
Bigger the speaker the better, soley for sound reproduction in the mid and lower sound area. Pump up the speaker power via a quality amp.

I have run a lot of live sound at different venues over the years and get kind of spoiled with good sound... However, I do have a number of pairs of 6x9s.... the best bang for the buck I have found are Pyramid 6987's (http://www.millionbuy.com/pyr6987.html) the key though is to put them in a box and run an amp to them. The power handling for any speaker is cut down to about 25% of the rated specs if you run them "open air" or out of a box. I have a pair of these along with a pair of 10" subs in the rear panel in my 69 Barracuda fastback... I made a new rear panel that is actually a 4 compartment box... it ROCKS.... the small boxes for the subs keep the bass tight and not rumbly like a lot of cars... (I also added a 12 in the rear for rumble)..

bottom line, 6x9's in boxes, pushed by a good amp.... (even if they are in the package tray in a coupe, build boxes under them, sounds WAY BETTER and you get a lot more volume without damaging the speakers.

-
Back