Best street mufflers

-
Depends on the engine/individula but I like super hemi turbo's by walker. They have that old school sound I like.

Depends on the engine/individula but I like super hemi turbo's by walker. They have that old school sound I like.

I like the old school sound. I will pick up a set if they are reasonable?
I run Flowmaster 40's for no paticular reason?
What do guy's think of them? ie: too loud, sound good, they suck,
dynomaxes are better?
What about those bullit mufflers?

i read the video thread and i will figure how to add my video to the collection

I have Flowmaster 40's on the Dart, but I'd love to go Magnaflow... It's not as "old school" sounding but more... industrial, smooth toned.. with volume of course... It's perfect. I've run them on my Dodge trucks for years...
And you can't go wrong with stainless construction.

Flowmaster 40s for my '68 Dart (383) daily driver. I really like them,

I have Magnaflows on my '92 Camaro RS. They are OK, I guess.

I have Dynomax on my Jeep Cherokee. Will change that to Flowmaster when it's time.

Of the three, I like Flowmasters best.

Just my opinion..

--

Sounds like you guy's like the Flowmaster 40's!!!!!
I hope more people tell us what they are USING!!!!! interesting

I like my Edelbrock mufflers. Sounds great but not too loud. My exhaust dumps out at the back axle and I can still talk to someone sitting next too me without yelling while driving.

i used the dynomax ultraflows on my dart i like them a lot. i just built a new system for it 3 1/2" X pipe 3" from there back to the bumper with a 4" twister muffler for a rosonator. its pretty streetable. anyday now im going to yank the slant out of my duster, it has a dynomax super turbo with a glass pack for a rosnator. im going to do the same when i put the 400 in it. the super turbo is a really good street muffler. mellow, they flow really well and give less rosonance than most mufflers. i have built a lot of exhuast systems for my cars and friends and family, i dont think i will ever use flowmasters again. they sound awsome on a high compression big cam big block, but for cruising i just dont like them or anythign that resembles them. i like the straight through mufflers like magnaflow, ultra flo, borla, dynatech... most bullit mufflers are straight through with packing, same idea, but less packing they are going to be louder.

It's too bad folks dont post up more exhaust sound video's in the vid area. I buy a muffler based on how it sounds,cant be bothered with how good it flows when Im just gonna add exhasut cutouts,lol!

Borla XR-1 race mufflers or dynomax race bullets!

i used the dynomax ultraflows on my dart i like them a lot. i just built a new system for it 3 1/2" X pipe 3" from there back to the bumper with a 4" twister muffler for a rosonator. its pretty streetable. anyday now im going to yank the slant out of my duster, it has a dynomax super turbo with a glass pack for a rosnator. im going to do the same when i put the 400 in it. the super turbo is a really good street muffler. mellow, they flow really well and give less rosonance than most mufflers. i have built a lot of exhuast systems for my cars and friends and family, i dont think i will ever use flowmasters again. they sound awsome on a high compression big cam big block, but for cruising i just dont like them or anythign that resembles them. i like the straight through mufflers like magnaflow, ultra flo, borla, dynatech... most bullit mufflers are straight through with packing, same idea, but less packing they are going to be louder.

why a resenator?

OK, 4 MUFFLERS. i work around a ton of noise all day long i want my cars quieter inside. it works nice, but it sure isnt easy to make it fit.

No seams= less places for rust to start=muffler lasts longer

The best muffler will be the one that delivers the correct sound to your ear. This is very subjective……..

I always run Dynomax (super turbo or ultraflow) because I love the sound.

-
Back