Best Way to Bang back out a fender

-

streetdak

Reaction score
So I made a bonehead move when backing the 73 into the garage, I turned the right fender into the bumper of my magnum.....DOH!
Magnum is ok, just needs some touchup paint, but I put a small butt sized dent on the passenger fender. Luckially no paint was damaged, but Im super pissed I dented the fender. It only has a small crease on the character line about 1 inch and 3/4, the rest is just an indention. I know It won't be perfect without taking the paint off and hammering the complete dent out, but I want to just get it back in shape as much as possible, without doing major body work/filler at this time.

Whats the best way for me to do this? Take the fender off an use a block of wood to true up the dented portion from the inside??? Some reason that comes to mind...

I know pics would help, but I'm at work, and ill get them up tomorrow asap!

If you are going to try to straighten it you will do more damage to the paint and finish.... If you can get behind it and just put a bit of pressure on it with your hand sometimes you can relieve some of the pressure... a body hammer with some tape over it can help too.

Try looking up paintless dent removal places. You'd be surprised what they can do with heat lamps and dry ice, seriously.

im gonna look into that dent removal for sure, I was thinking I could go from the back side and push the dent out without any paint damage, but I could be wrong. Once again, i think pics would help

-
Back