Best way to remove dash?

-

demon700

Reaction score
I am starting to pull the interior out of my Demon, and found out very quick...i don't know how to get the dash out. Not just the pad, but the whole dash. Does anyone have any tips or anything to make this easier? Thanks

Do you have the windshield out? There is a few hard to get at bolts, make sure you do some stretching to limber up first.

I know I'm not much help, but it get's you back to the top, BUMP.

Good luck.

I am starting to pull the interior out of my Demon, and found out very quick...i don't know how to get the dash out. Not just the pad, but the whole dash. Does anyone have any tips or anything to make this easier? Thanks

You have to remove the windshield

The easiest way to get the entire dash frame out is if the windshield is removed. There is a row of screws under the bottom edge of the front windshield rubber gasket that holds the dash frame to the car that need to be removed. Then there is a screw on each end of the dash towards the bottom of the dash frame that holds it to the sides of the car underneath the A-pillar.

Once you have all the wiring disconnected, remove the screws along the top of the dash frame, then just loosen the screw on each end and roll the frame back towrds the passenger compartment, remove the side screws on the ends, and the whole frame comes out as one unit.

if you dont want to remove the windshield, reach up under there with a cutoff wheel and zip off the handfull of blind nuts. it will come right out. when you reinstall you have to put the blind nuts on the dash instead of the body and run the shortest possible 1/4" bolts up fro mthe bottom. there is a channel i nthe rubber that will clear but you dont want a long *** bolt pushing into the rubber. it works like a charm and if you ever want to pull it out again you wont have to remove the glass. that is one of the stupidest things they did to these cars.

I went searching for a topic that has come up many times and could not find the appropiate thread to respond to so I started this one.

The question has been asked; is there any way to remove the dash and leave the front windshield in place? The resounding answer has been NO!
In the imortal words of James T. Kirk "I don't believe in the no win senerio" neither do I.

So here are the steps you must follow to remove the dash and leave the front windshield in place:

1-Strip out everything behind the dash for access to the connectors at the windshield joint.

2-disconnect all fasteners that are attached to the dash including the parking break and the hood release.

3-Drop the stearing colomn enough for the dash sheet metal to clear the studs that the colomn hangs on.

4-At each connection there is a clip and a bolt that must be delt with. First cut the sholder of the clip with a grinder or a dremmel tool so the top is seperated from the bottom. Then with the same tool cut the bottom of the clip and the bolt as close to the sheetmetal as possible. Then push up what remains of the bolt and that connection will have been delt with. Do that with all of the clips and pull the dash straight out.

Klingons, dashes, what's the difference:cheers:

Andrew
Fishbreath's solution not only works for dashes but for glove box locks as well

Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

you pretty much have to remove everything connected to the dash if you are removing it weather the windshield is in or out, so i left that step out.

if you dont want to remove the windshield, reach up under there with a cutoff wheel and zip off the handfull of blind nuts. it will come right out. when you reinstall you have to put the blind nuts on the dash instead of the body and run the shortest possible 1/4" bolts up fro mthe bottom. there is a channel i nthe rubber that will clear but you dont want a long *** bolt pushing into the rubber. it works like a charm and if you ever want to pull it out again you wont have to remove the glass. that is one of the stupidest things they did to these cars.

yes..that is the ticket...just did one a few weeks ago.

bought the new J nuts and bolts at the local Lowes.

-
Back