best way to remove window trim and not wreck paint?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

i got myself into a little dilemna where i put my rear window in, trim and all, and now i have water leaking on the passenger side...i want to remove the trim to get right at the weatherstripping, but it is proving to be a royal PITA that is scratching my paint....i ran tape all around the edge of the window in order to avoid scratching the paint, but im still worried i may do damage if im not careful...any tips or tricks for not ruining my new paint job while doing this?

what tool are you using to do this?
RevealClipTool.JPG_Full.jpg

this is what you should be using

I would wait til your car is on the road,then have a glass shop do it.Remove chrome and reseal your rear window.They are responsible for any damage caused,if any?My 2 cents.It wouldn,t cost too much?

what tool are you using to do this?
RevealClipTool.JPG_Full.jpg

this is what you should be using

i was using a screwdriver, but i stopped because i felt like i would be ruining things....where can i get that tool in the picture?

i bought that tool at advance auto parts for like $12. I was trying to remove the trim on my Duster and I had no luck.

I called a glass company and they came out and charged $85. It took the guy like 2 hours!

Pay to have a glass guy do it.........save yourself the headache, because it will still leak if you fix it again. With my luck it would anyway.8)

-
Back