Bet these are rare....

-

MMissile

Reaction score
Especially with those rims.

1692791319145.png

Weren't those rims magnesium and tended to fall off the car on their own?

They were cast, and it caused Mopar to never again produce a cast wheel.

Okay, the RHD doesn't interest anybody? A buddy had a orange 69 cuda with those wheels. Only 4" set I ever saw for-real.

Didn't notice RHD until I went back and read the fine print.

Sure did notice the recall wheels, though.

I believe that the lug nuts would work themselves loose and possibly lose a wheel or so. Not sure where that came from, may have read it or something ?? Sucks having to depend on my old memory.

They cracked around the lugnuts until the entire center of the wheel broke out.

so were genuine RHD Barracudas actually produced?

Didn't we have a member from South Africa that had one?

That’s one rare car! I can’t recall ever seeing those wheels in 4”.

Years ago I found a set of recall wheels at Carlisle for dirt cheap. Not sure that the seller knew what he had. Unfortunately I didnt pick them up.

I am surprised that nobody ever produced those wheels as repos. I think there is enough of a market for them to make it worthwhile for someone to produce them.

I am surprised that nobody ever produced those wheels as repos. I think there is enough of a market for them to make it worthwhile for someone to produce them.
There are repops of the recall wheels in 4 1/2 pattern. I don't think the 5 on 4 recalls have been repoped.
The repops aren't cheap, but way less than a real set.

Oops. Looks like there WERE repops available. It appears the repops disappeared a few years ago.
I saw an article on how to tell the repops from the real thing, to avoid paying big money for a copy.

Oops. Looks like there WERE repops available. It appears the repops disappeared a few years ago.
I saw an article on how to tell the repops from the real thing, to avoid paying big money for a copy.

I would prefer Repops, which I can mount and use.

The original ones would be only garage wall decoration

-
Back