Better news on the oil leak front

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I dodged raindrops and got the Dart to the shop last night. It was smoking horribly at stops. I knew I blew the intake out and it was leaking oil, so the plan was: intake gasket, valve cover gaskets, adjust lash and degrease. Then crank the Caltracs up one notch and adjust the torsion bars to bring the front up a bit. When I got it in the air I found the intake leaking slightly, but after the engine settled in, the transmission cooler lines we made touched the exhaust and had just rubbed through and were leaking transmission fluid directly onto the collector. That was the smoke problem. The transmission pan and oil pan bolts were all finger tight and seeping as well and got retorqued. What I assumed was a terrible intake leak just took the re manufacture of one steel line. That is done, the intake is done, the lash is set. Just bolting down the valve covers now, then setting timing and idle. The dizzy had to come out because the damn ARP bolts are too long to clear, otherwise I wouldn't have to mess with it. Should be ready to wash soon, then on to Mopars in the Park tomorrow!

Cool! Quick question you running a stock 200r4 tranny pan or one with fins on it?

I had found a stock depth pan with fins and a drain bolt one a website but now I can't find the sight right now.

I might like a drain plug, but I used to work in a tranny shop. I like to change the filter often. Plus, when you take the pan down, you can see the magnet and if there is clutch material on the bottom of the pan. All important information to have if you want to catch a problem early.

Glad you got it fixed. I know it was botherin you.

-
Back