BEWARE of doing business with 340bird71

-
It doesn't look like he's banned....

1692727062272.png

I've had good success buying parts here no complaints...I wonder if its just a misunderstanding like the seller just screwed up in is wording of the ad yeah he fresh assembled it out of rusty parts he had laying out back in the shed...

The fact it had no tower bushing in it is what kills me....

I got screwed by a guy with less than 30 posts a few years back but luckily Paypal refunded me my money. Also got screwed by "Uncle Tony" when he sold me a rusty spare tire well to replace my rusty spare tire well.
Pretty crazy how few people seem to remember him flooding the for sale section and doing bumps everyday. Could be wrong but I thought he was one of the main reasons to put a cap on bumps and put it behind the gold member wall.

I think he should go away before he ***** on someone else. I remember seeing some issues with him a few weeks back. Not sending parts and not communicating. Yep. he needs to go.
My question: why is a known scammer being allowed to change his user name?

Kind of foolish to scam here really. How come Uncle tony quit selling here besides the obvious ball busting...? :poke:

you really seem obsessed..
Whatever I asked a question .:thumbsup:

On another note its a good thing " Uncle Phoney" doesn't sell here because like the man said hell sell ya rusty junk to replace rusty junk...and with that you are on ignore ashhole... buh bye...:)

Last edited:
Kind of foolish to scam here really. How come Uncle tony quit selling here besides the obvious ball busting...? :poke:
He got out of the parts selling business and started fixing cars. Then he went to You Tube.

Not really thread is about scammmer parts dealers I think its spot on... I have a vested interest because I am a buyer and one day hope to be a seller when my car is done...

but ya never know with Tony ...if ya listen to what ya hear he's been working on cars since 1970 when he was about 9 or 10...then he was a whiz bang car magazine guy, then a big time

nitro methane racer, then a Mopar parts professional...then a You tuber...and not necessarily in that order and while a Youtuber he suddenly acquired over 40 years experience working

on 426 Cubic inch Chrysler Hemi engines.. I tell ya the guy has done it all...he has run in circles woth the likes of Lee and Richard petty, Dick Landy, Herb Mcandless, Grumpy Jenkins,

Jungle Jim Lberman, Dyno Don Nicholson, Dave Strickler, Don Garlits, Snake and Mongoose as well as Speed racer, Cole Trickle and Bo and Luke Duke and that's just to name a few...oh and what's the guy s name in the movie with that

70 Charger Dom something..? yeah he knows him too...:)

Last edited:
I think a Molotov cocktail on his favorite ride might be in order here.

Him, yes? The car, no. The car didn't do anything wrong. Had a friend who pissed off his girlfriend who responded by keying his '71 Road Runner. Pissed me off in turn. Not for his sake-he was an *** anyway-but the car didn't deserve it.

Am I the only guy that thinks the buyer actually got what he paid for? I mean that’s a lot of parts for $1200. Think about the cost of that stuff if sold separately. 340 block (~$500), J heads (~$200), steel crank (~$400), new pistons (~$400), plus everything else it came with. I think the sum of the parts was worth more than the purchase price.
Sure it’s a bummer that the seller advertised it as “freshly rebuilt”, but I believe the buyer just feels duped because it didn’t turn out to be the deal of the century. I know I’ve been in that boat before.
If it sounds too good to be true, it usually isn’t.
Sounds like a good start for a proper rebuild for a fair price.

Paid $1250 for a '70 340 that was disassembled for some 40 years and was happy to do it. It was in much worse shape than the one in question here is.

I agree never mess with a mans car approach him face to face...$1200 is a fair price for the engine in question its just how it was presented as "fresh assembled" there are many reasons for communication breakdowns, or it was click bait/scam...

I was initially interested in the 340 when first posted I PM’d the seller with some questions which were never answered directly or at all. I quickly smelled rat and moved on. In my honest opinion, and from my experience here in this case the seller intentionally was hoping for an unassuming buyer and
ska-rude someone good and proper. Were/are the sum of the 340 parts worth $1200? In todays world yes and if he would have honestly listed the actual condition of it someone would have purchased it no doubt. He is for sure a big block Chevy guy aka:rat
Buyer beware applies in most things
Time to play the Frozen theme and let-it-go….

Also keep in mind the low compression 72 340 setup isn't as desirable as the 68-71... not that it couldn't be beefed up to earlier specs but there are differences.

But these are the things the buyer as to know going in...In my opinion a low compression 340 in a rebuilt state is worth 2 grand ish...now it costs more than that to rebuild it and if you did rebuild it, I personally would add beefier components in terms of high compression pistons and or if I ran flat tops I may run closed chamber heads like aluminum Edelbrocks I guess what I'm saying is a low comp 340 isn't worth much to me and I wouldn't want to pay what someone has into a rebuild of one.an early 340 rebuilt drop in the "good one" I'd bet is getting on to 4 grand or more...these are my opinions I my be wrong. If I recall correctly the early 340 was rated at 275 HP the later was rated at 235 Horse power which is the same as a late 60s 318. Now the 70s smogger 318 I believe went down to 150 Horsepower. In short if I was to buy a late 72-73 340 Id wan tto open it up and modify it. OR at least bump compression with closed chamber heads.

Last edited:
I saw that listing, and the first thing I thought was "that's pretty cheap for a freshly rebuilt motor", especially a 340. I agree about lots of red flags.
Agree. I'm kind of looking for a 340. I saw that and laughed. Caveat Emptor. If its too good to be true, its BS.

-
Back