Beware of dons67barracuda

-

bvt69dart

Technically Challenged!
Reaction score
icon4.gif
1st time screwed by him, Shame on him! I don't want anyone else to be taken by him. He talked a great story,(see his profile) but took my money and stopped communicating with me. His name is Don Martin and he claims to own a speed shop in Florida. This site is too awesome to have someone like him messing with good people!

Brock
icon4.gif

I think you may be a little quick on the gun here. He has not been on this site since; "Last Activity: 12-18-2008 12:35 AM"
That is only 3 days.

There could be a very good reason why you have not heard from him.
How long have you had this issue and what is the deal?

In the future you should PM a moderator before accusing, even if you DO have hard evidence of no communication or contact. There's always the outside chance of more important things in life than keeping up with internet contacts. In the past it's happened to me from both sides of the fence. Hard to accept when your the one waiting.... but hard to be humble after learning someone passed away or is very ill.

I originally PM'd rumblefish and he told me to post it to see what is up. This is my second thread on this subject. after the first thread, I was able to contact Don (by phone) on the 7th of December. This was after 3 weeks of Don not returning PM's, or emails following the initial transaction. At that time, Don promised me that he would refund the money. I waited 2 more weeks and tried to contact Don by phone & email but again no response. My original check that I wrote to Don cleared my bank on November 11th. How much time should I give him? I want to be fair, but I also don't want anyone else to be in the same position as I am if this is his normal way of conducting business!

Brock

I dont want to take side but I remembered you bringing this up before.

Things like this are kinda a tough spot for us but we try to help the best we can.

He contacted me a few weeks ago for some hood hinges he needs but then called later that day that he couldn't make it cause something happened with his kid or something.....you might wanna wait it out till whatever health issue is resolved.

Well I can understand your frustration!
I dont know him from a can of paintbut....I was in contact with him about my truck for sale...Then nothin.So I would say that somthing is up in his life that is preventing him from takin care of this.Atleast I hope that is the case!
Good Luck..Hope it all gets worked out.

I too hope that Don and his family are not going through serious problems, especially at this time of the year! I'm been a firefighter for 28 years and sometimes tend to be a little judgemental. I think I see a pattern here and I wanted to warn everyone else. I'm still hoping it will turn out OK for both of us.

MERRY CHRISTMAS,
Brock

I too hope that Don and his family are not going through serious problems, especially at this time of the year! I'm been a firefighter for 28 years and sometimes tend to be a little judgemental. I think I see a pattern here and I wanted to warn everyone else. I'm still hoping it will turn out OK for both of us.

MERRY CHRISTMAS,
Brock
I think your thread is certainly justified - no offense to the rest of the FABO community, but even in the even of a family tragedy (God forbid), there is absolutely no reason this guy should be waiting close to 2 MONTHS for a response or a refund or a completed transaction.

I know from personal experience - even w/ members on this site - I've had some mess up's w/ shipping and some delays, but I always tried to stay in contact and give updates. We all have families and lives outside of this board, but when you agree to accept someone's hard-earned money in exchange for goods or services, you also take on the obligation of completing the transaction. IMO - bvt69dart is WELL within his rights to either expose this guy for what he is, or light a fire under his a$$ to get the transaction complete. Maybe the fear of a ruined reputation might get Don to be more responsible w/ someone else's money.

I agree. It shouldn't take 5 minutes for him to respond.

I'm with danmc77 on this one Brock. You got a hell of a lot more patience than I do. I would have been all over him like a bad rash in half the time you've given him. It only takes 5 minutes to phone ya up and give you the low down no matter what his personel problems may be.

Terry

WOW! Thread has grown fast on this.

I do (Now) remember you contacting me. As far as I'm concerned, you have waited and been very easy going with this all. Though the title of the thread and following words are tuff, I certainly understand where you are and fustrated probably doesn't cut it.

It doesn't seem quite right that a member here, one that does post a little bit, try and rook you or anybody for what is really small chump change, (?) when you look at the big picture.

IF anybody out there can get in touch or shed some light on this subject, this is your call for help.

Brock,

Keep up the good work. Bottom line, he has your money if he has any issues, health, kids whatever. Most of us are sound minded folks. However an email or a phone call takes 5 minutes.

I had a problem with Jacks Auto parts a few years ago like that. I went to my bank and they handled everything, I signed an affidavit (or something) and in 7 days they put the money back in my account and went after Jack for the money.

Granted I waited 4 months for a response from Jack or his wife or whoever answers the phone.

But I got my money back.....

I would think if he was on FABO a few days ago he had plenty of time to reply to your messages.

I just tried to call his phone number to ask about his sbp wheels
and it is an invalid phone number, Don lets do what is right and take care of Brock and show us that you can keep this site shinning.
I can say this will haunt you, one way or another.. I have family in Fla. Terry Mullin, and Jim foster
races at Bradenton and Lakeland Fl.
I do hope his family is fine, And he gets this taken care of.

I thank everyone for their replies and opinions. The amount of money is very insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The main issue is how we treat each other on this site. I'm PROUD to be a member on this GREAT SITE! I can go on forever about the great things I have scene you do for each other, ie Memike's auction for Mary's family, good guy alerts, FREE tech advice, ect..... I'm just glad to be part of this FABO family!
I have a 20 yr old daughter with CP. Everytime see's me laugh and smile while visiting this site, she herself squeels and laughs.

From Courtney and myself,

MERRY CHRISTMAS

CT_102808 (Small).JPG

I think if this member has time to go to the bank to cash your check,he definetly has time to contact you.Family problems are 1st,but 2 months??Grrr!!My 2 cents.Hope everything works out.

-
Back