Big block 440/ TTI 2" tube header with borgenson steering box fit

-

1969dodgedart

Big Block 440
Reaction score
I'm looking for pictures showing TTI 2 " tube header fit with a borgenson steering box installed on 440 big block . Awhile back someone sent me a link but unfortunately it got deleted . Having issues with Lh fit.

Last edited:
I'm looking for pictures showing TTI 2 " tube header fit with a borgenson steering box installed on 440 big block . Awhile back someone sent me a link but unfortunately it get deleted . Having issues with lh fit.

Here is a pick of my 73 440 Dart with TTI headers and the Flaming River box. What kind of problems are you having? I had to grind down a stiffning brace on the input shaft of the steering box for header clearance.

IMG_0737_optimized.png

Here is a pick of my 73 440 Dart with TTI headers and the Flaming River box. What kind of problems are you having? I had to grind down a stiffning brace on the input shaft of the steering box for header clearance.

View attachment 1715095907
The two center tubes are making contact with borgenson box I've installed. As well as my preliminary fit it seems my torsion rods are going to have contact as well.

20170928_200425.jpg

20170928_200413.jpg

Tighten both headers down really good and run a ratchet strap around both collectors and suck them in towards each other. Buddy of mine did this on a big block chevelle and it worked great. So I did it on my small block dart. It moved them in about 1/2 inch. 1/2 inch as like a mile on a small block A body. I couldn't imagine doing a big block!

Tighten both headers down really good and run a ratchet strap around both collectors and suck them in towards each other. Buddy of mine did this on a big block chevelle and it worked great. So I did it on my small block dart. It moved them in about 1/2 inch. 1/2 inch as like a mile on a small block A body. I couldn't imagine doing a big block!
Thx . Hopefully I can get them to fit. Let me rephrase that , they have to fit.

Has there been any update on this thread? I am getting ready to attempt the same but on a K frame with spool mounts

Hello ,if you go to member restoration and look for 69dart/under construction 440 you'll see a couple pictures of the tubes cut / moded/ rewelded to fit. Hopefully that helps you out . Basically I put my drive train onto the K member while it was out of the car to perform surgery to headers.

Hello ,if you go to member restoration and look for 69dart/under construction 440 you'll see a couple pictures of the tubes cut / moded/ rewelded to fit. Hopefully that helps you out . Basically I put my drive train onto the K member while it was out of the car to perform surgery to the headers.

-
Back