Big block a body conversion question

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has ANYONE used this driver side exhaust manifold on a BB going into a Duster before. casting # 2863409. I am looking for a manifold that curves behind the steering shaft on this Duster. If not, which manifolds are you using on your BB A body conversion. Thanks

Seems like I remember oldkimmer said he has before.....I think I am remembering that right. Maybe he will chime in.

IIRC, Rani has , or had , a 440 Magnum with HP manifolds in a dart or duster maybe PM her and ask

I used manifolds from a c-body. They fit o.k. but left side dumped right in front of column shift linkage. Had a special pipe made. Sometimes ya just gotta fabricate stuff.

i used this one on my 69 gt with a 383 , just had to trim back the steering column and move the shaft bushing back up the column .

DSC03633.JPG

DSC06104.JPG

Yes. She is RainyDay now.

Seems like I remember oldkimmer said he has before.....I think I am remembering that right. Maybe he will chime in.

I just bought a 2863409 manifold off ebay. will see if this works. It looks like it will fit in the area I need. Oldkimmer said he has used a 2843992-2 before also. May pick one of those up also and sell the one I don't use. This is a must if this BB is going to stay in this car.thanks for the input.

I just bought a 2863409 manifold off ebay. will see if this works. It looks like it will fit in the area I need. Oldkimmer said he has used a 2843992-2 before also. May pick one of those up also and sell the one I don't use. This is a must if this BB is going to stay in this car.thanks for the input.

You bet. I hope you get it worked out. Even with "just manifolds", a fat motor in a Duster has gotta be fun.

-
Back