Big block A-body headers

-

383DusterBB

Reaction score
Im building a 1972 Plymouth Duster. It has a 383 and im having some problems finding a set of headers that i can afford. Summit has fenderwells for $530 that ive been looking at for a while now but i hate to spend that much. I found a set last night on summit, there full length so im not sure they will fit. The parts page set a body car but it didnt have my car listed. Can anybody help me out?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BI...ry=Liter%7c6.3

heres the URL to the full lengths i mentioned.

from the pic it doesnt look like it. the #1 tube needs to run beside the oil pan otherwise it will hit the torsion bar I had a pair that looked like that and I had to beat the crap out of them and ended up pitching them and buying schumakers, also check out big block dart . com they have the part # for the b body headman headers that will fit with a little dinging I had the wrong ones good luck on your search. It will be worth it.

If you look at the application list toward the bottom, there's not the first A body listed. Just the big cars. Also it says in each application that they will not fit power steering....and that's in the B bodies. This might be like some of them B body Hedmans that fit with small dings. I've actually read where some people ain't had to dent a thing. But that's only using the low deck in the A.

B-body HP manifolds will fit with some modification to the steering column (and no column shift). The above mentioned Hedman's also fit, barely with manual steering.

go to engine-swaps.com they have the right headers,u don't have to cut your inner fenders out to make them fit.

wow--nice price on those! must be newer--ive never heard of them AND they are coated ? for BB , A-body ?

wondering what the catch is .....

-
Back