Big block B or RB ?

-
426 just sounds cool to me !!! So im not sure but is a 383/400 rotating assembly even in a stroker lighter then 440 ? If so that woule mean it revs quicker right ?

Read the question then answer. Mark
Is a 400 stroker bigger then a 440 ? Where have you been ? 400 + 440 crank = 452 yes it is bigger. The bore on a 400 is bigger then a 440 it is the stroke that is shorter. Plus now there is so many stroker kits to me it makes sense to use the low deck block. I think any bb in an a body makes for fun times !!!

All good RB and B are a great base for Big power a 400 block with a 440 crank is A sick combo and a personnel favorite!!

470" low deck in mine. Fits fine...headers are a challenge but fit(CPPA) with the four speed. Plugs aren't too bad. LOTS of fun!! Make sure you point it straight before you hit the right pedal!!!

I will still take a balanced 383 with good heads, cam and compression. you guys with the strokers, although nice to have cubes, traction becomes a factor. a good 383 will catch cubes in the end. just my opinion, but i've done it.

-
Back