Big block k-frame value

-
I just sold a 69 A-body Big Block K-frame with a new idler arm for 350.00 I also had the left engine mount bracket with the engine mount that was all NOS I wanted 225.00 for it and the guy passed on that but three days later the guy called and wanted to buy that as well but I had already sold it. I think it was a fair price and so did the people that bought the stuff there was no question about price. By the way I do have 2 NOS left side engine mounts if anyone needs one but no more engine mount brackets.

Yep - shoot im gonna try to get a couple hundred for my modified K tomorrow @ Fall Fling. We'll see!

guys, I want to put a 383 engine in my 66 dart gt (original V8 car), Would I need a big block K frame or just use the Schumaker mounts?

As far as getting the motor in, all you need is a set of Schumacher mounts. The issue with big blocks in an early A is that no one makes a header for that application. Youd have to make a set of fenderwell headers work or have someone make you a custom set. The inside of the engine bays on the pre-67 A-Bodies are narrower than the 67 & up cars so you cant use any of the headers/OE manifolds already out there.

Thats also why you wont find a factory B/RB k-frame for those year cars. The only A-Bodies that came with big blocks were the 67-69 Darts & Barracudas.

Dont get discouraged though, B/RB Early A's are awesome! If you search for A-Body Joe on this forum, youll find a video posted of his black Early A with a big block. He had a buddy make him a set of fenderwell headers out of regular exhaust tubing on the cheap and called it good.

Ditch the power steering and power brakes, go with a low-deck motor, a set of Schumacher mounts and find someone to make you a set of fenderwells and youre good to go... totally doable!

Do I need to change torsion bars? Also, would 72 duster spindles fit on a 66 dart. I got them as I was told they would bolt on and easy switch to disc brakes?

72 spindles will work on your Dart. If they truly are 72 spindles they are for the Kelsey-Hayes discs and replacement parts are expensive and difficult to find.

Whether you need to change the torsion bars depends on how you will use the car and what sort of handling characteristics you expect. This question needs more input.

-
Back