Big block question,,,,,,Headers or manifolds ?

-

Desoto291hemi

Reaction score
Hi Everyone ,

I have a very sweet 73 Swinger that is extremely clean and unchallenged .
It is a Slant with auto,,,,,the only option it has is power steering .

I’m planning to drive it as is this year ,, but I plan on putting in a big block and 727 next year.
I have a set of block hugger headers,,,,but I would be just as happy with manifolds .
The headers I have are brand new,,,,,,I’m not even sure they will fit,,,lol !

The engine will be a low deck,,,,and I’m wondering about fitment of factory manifolds ?
Would any body manifolds fit ,,,or only Abody ?
I don’t want to use the restrictive driver’s manifold that wraps around the steering shaft .
Is that all that will fit ?

I have already purchased my Schumacher conversion mounts .
I’m just getting the other stuff ready for when I need it .

I have a Pro Street 70 Challenger,,,,,,this is the first A body I have ever been around .
Thanks guys for your help,,,,I love my new Dart,,,,I want to do it right .

Tommy

Post a picture of the block hugger headers or the brand and part number. All I know for certain that there are more block hugger headers that won’t fit than there are that will fit.

Unless their application is for an A body, they won't fit. If they are the universal style block huggers, no way Jose. lol

Most chose TTI's or Dougs Headers. I have TTI's on my RB motor with mini starter. Fit good, maybe a dent near drivers side T-bar but not sure as I bought mine used years ago. Best to drop Body over motor /Tranny/headers on/ steering box and Kframe. JMO

Hoist1.jpg

Hoist4.jpg

Okay guys ,

What about the Tri Y headers from Schumacher ?
They look really good and are supposed to fit great .
It’s a lot of money ,, but a decent pair of manifolds are just as expensive and I wouldn’t have to do any repairs.

Tommy

Yep..Absolutely…After reading through your original post and seeing auto trans if you can get them go for it..!! They will solve any of the issues you would have come up against for a straight forward install…Swingn’

-
Back