Big Block Slant 6 A/C brackets

-

Golden Scamp

Reaction score
Two questions: First, does anything from the Slant 6 A/C setup (brackets, pulleys, bolts) transfer to a Big Block? I assume the compressor, dryer is the same on all models. Second, on Big Block cars, did Body class change anything about the A/C brackets or setup. I am looking at some A/C brackets from a 68 C Body (Monaco) to go with a 70 383 for an A Body. Any help here is appreciated. Thanks as always.

AC brackets vary between slant, SB, BB, and I think even over the years. I don't think they varied among car bodies, though probably did vary on trucks. I don't know that factory big-block Darts ever came w/ AC, so check that angle, nor if AC would even fit. Also, many cars in 68 had after-market AC with compressors different than the Chrysler RV2 (often York).

Perhaps simpler and better would be to mount a smaller, lighter Sanden compressor, using brackets for that (Bouchillon, etc) and new AC hoses and drier. No sense fooling with the old, clunky stuff with old hoses, etc. You aren't keeping the car original anyway.

No, you're right. It won't be a factory rest, but I'd still love to avoid any modern aftermarket parts under the hood. I've seen 68 383 darts with A/C but I doubt it was a popular option, if an option at all on GTS cars. I was just curious because I have a 70 Fury A/C setup and wondered how hard it would be to use it. It came with the motor I will be using so I know it will bolt on, but will everything line up and fit when I'm done. Thanks of following up on my question.

-
Back