Big bolt front drums for 69 Swinger???

-

swinger340

Reaction score
My 69 swinger has big bolt axles in the rear but is still small bolt drum on the front. Does anyone make a big bolt drum? Ive seen some that have been drilled. My brakes are all new and the car stops fine or i would otherwise just swap it to the 73 style disc brakes. Do any of the other body styles have drums that could possibly be swapped? Or are the spindles a diff. size. I want big bolt all around. Small bolt wheel selection is very limeted. Thanks for looking.:thumleft:

Yes you can use the drums off say a b-body but you'll need the big ball joint upper arms.

doesnt someone sell a ball joint stud spacer for that? dr.diff i think?

I'd just swap to disc since they are still readily available.

My 69 swinger has big bolt axles in the rear but is still small bolt drum on the front. Does anyone make a big bolt drum? Ive seen some that have been drilled. My brakes are all new and the car stops fine or i would otherwise just swap it to the 73 style disc brakes. Do any of the other body styles have drums that could possibly be swapped? Or are the spindles a diff. size. I want big bolt all around. Small bolt wheel selection is very limeted. Thanks for looking.:thumleft:

i have drums all ready redrilled $ studded. Cheeeep!
mopar373
:-s

I would just swap over to the '73 and up bbp discs and be done with it.
Better, cheaper, and more readily available parts in the long run.
A win/win situation.

I would just swap over to the '73 and up bbp discs and be done with it.
Better, cheaper, and more readily available parts in the long run.
A win/win situation.
Probably what ill end up doing. I have a 74 dart parts car that has the complete set up on it.

-
Back