Well I have been saving up to build a pretty healthy 360
EQ heads ported
m1 single plane
10.6 compression, solid cam xs282s
holley 850 carb
Should be pretty healthy engine.
But I am thinking of selling the 360 stuff
and go with a 318 turbo motor.
to keep it more streetable, i would like it to run in the 11s have good idle and ba able to use my A/C

What I would build in its place
318 .030 over
my EQ heads
keep the M1
Forged pistons, 8.5 to 1
engle cam 218.050 int @ exst .489 lift 113ls 109icl
Scat rods
Forged 318 crank (is 69 318 crank forged?)
home made log manifolds
boost modified 850 holley
Trying to decide on turbo/s, I have a holset H2E 19cm housing
Or I might go to smaller .50 trim t3/t4 hybrid with a .63 ar and a stage 3 wheel.
Anyways the rest of the car is a 3200 lb 69 barracuda
Built 904 with Good 3500 stall converter
8 3/4 with 3.91, might go 3.23 or 3.55s dont know.
Think this combi is capable of my goals of streetable 11 second car?

Looks good but the turbo will choke it out pretty quick imo. Keep the 360 and change the cam and pistons accordingly. Get ya a MP70 Master Power single turbo and let'r fly! Best bet is to contact a turbo company and chat with them about your combo and turbo selection. Could see 10's easily with the MP70. Seen them faster on the 302 Furds in the turbo forums!
Not alot of stall cause the turbo requires Load to produce boost. Gear would depend on tire size but the 3.23 or even a 2.91 is better. More load for the turbo! With these gear ratios it will be a real problem in the traction department.

Turboing requires a "Complete" change than a Naturally aspirated car including Fuel System, Ignition type.

Good luck on your endeavor!

I agree Cuudak...totally.....But on a fun/effective price per dollar rate...consider this.

My Ideal 318 Turbo Motor would be something like this:

CSU Blowthrough 750
MP M1 Intake
Cast Iron 302' casting heads (cheap)...worked for 1.88/1.60
Stainless Valves, 3 angle VJ, Springs for .500" lift
MP Rocker Shafts and rockers
A moderate cam..... ie 284* .484"
Cometic Head Gaskets
ARP Head Studs
Stock Crank
Stock Rods
Stock Pistons...yeah I said that
HV oil pump
Double Roller Timing Chain
Windage Tray
20w 50 motor oil

No Intercooler..on pump gas...Water Injection to 15psi....race gas and water injection over 15psi.

Would stand 6-800 crank hp all day....and cheaply replaceable.

Your list looks pretty stout!!

I would say your goals within your budget would be better met with a turbo setup. A very mild 318 with around 10 lbs of boost would net you solid 11's very easily. Seems you could trade or sell some of your stuff for a few better turbo friendly choices. First, If your going to modify a carb for an engine of this type Id start with a 650. Second Id recommend an air gap D/P intake, much more torque and awesome fuel distribution. If you have the fabrication ability to do a crossover with even stock manifolds youd be set. Dont use the t3/4 hybrid. It'll choke pretty quick and send your egts up. A MP t70 can be had for reasonable $$. A setup like this would be much more fun to drive than a N/A 360 as you described. Be carefull though, once you start playing with turbos( even on a mild 318 ) your goal of 11's will probably go out the window if youve got traction! 10s with a t70 street 318 are pretty easy to do.
Adrian
www.rpsturbo.com

Where can one of these's MP t70 be found?

What would be good for a twin set up?

I would say your goals within your budget would be better met with a turbo setup. A very mild 318 with around 10 lbs of boost would net you solid 11's very easily. Seems you could trade or sell some of your stuff for a few better turbo friendly choices. First, If your going to modify a carb for an engine of this type Id start with a 650. Second Id recommend an air gap D/P intake, much more torque and awesome fuel distribution. If you have the fabrication ability to do a crossover with even stock manifolds youd be set. Dont use the t3/4 hybrid. It'll choke pretty quick and send your egts up. A MP t70 can be had for reasonable $$. A setup like this would be much more fun to drive than a N/A 360 as you described. Be carefull though, once you start playing with turbos( even on a mild 318 ) your goal of 11's will probably go out the window if youve got traction! 10s with a t70 street 318 are pretty easy to do.
Adrian
www.rpsturbo.com

I agree with most everything you are saying accept the use of the dual plane intake. The engine will respond better to boost by using a Single plane intake. Reason Being is a NA Engine Draws or Sucks the air thru the Intake into the cylinders. In a boosted application the intake track is under Pressure and the less resistance to get that FORCED air into the cylinders the better. A dual planes use is better suited to a Naturally Aspirated engine application.

I agree Cuudak...totally.....But on a fun/effective price per dollar rate...consider this.

My Ideal 318 Turbo Motor would be something like this:

CSU Blowthrough 750
MP M1 Intake
Cast Iron 302' casting heads (cheap)...worked for 1.88/1.60
Stainless Valves, 3 angle VJ, Springs for .500" lift
MP Rocker Shafts and rockers
A moderate cam..... ie 284* .484"
Cometic Head Gaskets
ARP Head Studs
Stock Crank
Stock Rods
Stock Pistons...yeah I said that
HV oil pump
Double Roller Timing Chain
Windage Tray
20w 50 motor oil

No Intercooler..on pump gas...Water Injection to 15psi....race gas and water injection over 15psi.

Would stand 6-800 crank hp all day....and cheaply replaceable.

Your list looks pretty stout!!

That combination would live a long time, alot longer than most would think even with the cast pistons! No detonation=Live a long time!!

i agree with most everything you are saying accept the use of the dual plane intake. The engine will respond better to boost by using a single plane intake. Reason being is a na engine draws or sucks the air thru the intake into the cylinders. In a boosted application the intake track is under pressure and the less resistance to get that forced air into the cylinders the better. A dual planes use is better suited to a naturally aspirated engine application.

x2

Ive decided to go with the low budget turbo 360 thats in my other thread

-
Back