Big Thank You to A-Bodies Member Rumblefish360!

-

MoparGirl

Reaction score
So I try not to overreact when things don't go well with my restoration/modifications; however, I am a chick and it really goes against the grain to not have a meltdown sometimes.

Of course I do ask for these "issues" to come up because I'm not building "normal" stuff.

Yesterday I had just about decided to scrap everything related to both Mopars, sell what I could, and just live happily ever after. After being told by every pimple faced kid in every parts store in a 50 mile radius that there were no parts for my car (s) AND visiting as many web sites that could be fit into an 8 hour period, I was more than frazzled.

That's when I decided to check the board and saw Rumblefish was on. I asked him if he had a few minutes to chat about my engine swaps and he was kind enough to pm his number so he could help. That is awesome!! In about 10 minutes I had answers to what I needed and he even walked me through getting to the correct web site for motor mount kits.

Thank you Rob for being so cool!

Pam

rumble is a good guy. you shouldn't have any problems with parts unless you had something just odd to find. remember even then to always check here as this is a great resource for parts and help. don't let yourself get that frustrated like that anymore. it can always get frustrating sometimes but so can a new car.....

LOCATION PLEASE........LMAO !! That's for Rumbles benefit. Good guy and we think a lot alike ESPECIALLY on the location issue. Hey girl, if it aint on here it usually aint worth knowin. I know what you mean on the pimple faces kids in the parts store. You gota take your time and not get excited on these builds. Glad to see it worked out for ya.
Small Block

If I let myself get frustrated with not find parts...or buying the wrong ones...or even having to fab an OEM part, then I would have been done with Mopar's 3 years ago, keep up the good fight, it's WELL worth it in the end...there's no way you can live happily ever after without a Mopar!

and as for the pimple faced kids, when they always ask "year, make, and model?" and I say it doesn't matter because I barely have anything stock on my car anymore, they look lost, even looking for lug nuts..."I need 1/2-20 lugnuts"..."year, make an model?"..."70 Dodge Dart, but it doesn't matter I have dif wheel studs"...what do they do? Come back with 7/16 lug nuts!

and as for the pimple faced kids, when they always ask "year, make, and model?" and I say it doesn't matter because I barely have anything stock on my car anymore, they look lost, even looking for lug nuts..."I need 1/2-20 lugnuts"..."year, make an model?"..."70 Dodge Dart, but it doesn't matter I have dif wheel studs"...what do they do? Come back with 7/16 lug nuts!

This is what to expect of the next generation.:angry7:

That is EXACTLY what I run into all the time. I even explain up front if all they intend to do is look on a computer it won't help them a bit. That is what you get though when dealing with chain stores that pay minimum wage. I really miss the independents who opened part stores because that is what they knew and loved.

My swap is complicated because I'm trying to work with what I have and not buy other motors. I have a 63 Dodge 440 that I'm putting a 340 into. The motor mounts don't match because the car originally had a 318 Poly. That's now resolved. The original radiator is leaking and I've not been able to find the exact match with that core size and can't seem to find anyone in the parts world to tell me what I can use as a replacement (I'm willing to drill new holes if needed.) Headers for the 63 were also a problem but I have found TTI carries them.

The 318 Poly is supposed to go into a 73 Dart Sport because that is what I have available. The poly is too wide for the engine compartment in the Dart Sport. No room for headers or even exhaust manifolds. That engine may just get set aside or sold. I'm looking for just a regular 318 to put in but they aren't easy to find around here. Most folks are Chevy/Ford guys. Not too many Mopar fans where I live.

So that's the saga. I know I wouldn't be happy getting rid of any of my Mopars. Just some days my patience is shot.

We all have our moments when things get a little rocky on a build but today there are a ton of people like Schumacher Creative Services making kits to install most every engine in most every body style. There are many people installing the new Hemis into our cars as well and you know that has to be a headache. Finding parts now is much easier than it was just 5 or 10 years ago. I found this site as a result of parts hunting, I think that`s just part of the process of doing a resto/mod. If there isn`t a little adversity then it`s just not worth doing. Keep your chin up and your wrenches turning, you`ll be there before you know it. Oh, and Rumblefish = :thumbup:

MoparGirl,
If you post your general location with a want ad for a 318, I wouldn't be at all suprised if someone on here has one within 100 miles of you.
With about 10,000 members... lets see...thats 200 or so folks per state.
Too bad you aren't near MN, I have a couple.

Rob's a great guy and your story doesn't surprise me one bit. Ten minutes on the phone with that silver tongued New York accent will make everything better! LOL

Hang in there with the project Mopargirl. It'll be worth all the hassle, trust me.

Thank you thank you one and all.

Small block, you cracked me up good.

Leanna, hugs and kiss for you.

MPGirl, that poly into a Dart Sport will be a challenging issue. Write up a new post and ask if anybody did it. I know theres another crazy person out there that probably did that swap out of spite.

It'll actually boil down to a cut and weld deal if you reaaaaaally want to do it.
The "LA" engine would be alot better to do. Sell the Poly or swap it for a "LA" engine.

-
Back