BIG Thumbs UP ~ Good Stuff

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My sister "accidentally" :rolleyes: took a lot of my niece's belongings to Good Will on Friday & Saturday to clean-up or something?? As expected, my niece was pretty upset so I told her we'd go there this morning to see if we could buy some of it back....

I spoke with the Manager when we arrived & she said that all of the weekend donations were already on the floor. I was hoping that most of it was still in the backroom being sorted....No such luck dammit.

So we decided to comb the aisles looking to retrieve whatever items we could find & buy them back. She found quite a few of her books, a few DVDs, 1 of her video game controllers and a few other misc. items. She didn't find any of her Blu Rays and a few other more valuable things, but it was better than nothing.....

We saw the Manager again before we left & I introduced her to my niece. She looked over the items in the nearly full shopping cart & said "OK...Go Ahead" ?? Huh...I couldn't believe IT...she let her have all of her items back for FREE :D

I'm still in shock at the generosity and "Good Will" that we were shown today!!!!

That was such a good will dead to read this evening :color::color:
I use ours here allot (Good Will) and I know a couple of there workers

I think they screen and train there people well, and have more of a caring and humble attitude as they deal with the public :glasses7:

A good story to see today :cheers:

I have a cousin who is disabled (Polio) and he works in one of the Good Will retails stores in Houston, TX. This allows him to be independent and live on his own in one of their subsidized apartment projects. He is always calm and courteous to people when I've gone to his store. He always introduces me and my wife to his coworkers, and I always tell them how proud I am of him taking the initiative to apply for the job 40+ years ago.

Thank you for sharing a good story, of people doing the right thing. And I don't mean just the store manager:angel12:

My Grandpa worked there years ago, factory work with chemicals left him with severe tremors, he wasn't quite retirement age, Goodwill gave him the chance to be productive and helpful, I remember him saying they saved his life.

Glad your niece got her stuff back!

You are definitely the cool aunt!!! :cheers:

That was very nice of them to let her have her stuff back for free...

lol, I can totally relate
I tell my boy all the time, you clean your room, and when your done, whatever is still on the floor goes to goodwill

Always nice to have a good ending C. really, thats not heard of to much anymore.. generosity I mean!

-
Back