Biker build off "The Revenge"

-
GMG's bike was a joke. A pink chopper? Really? I could go to just about any custom bike shop buy something like that right off the floor. I was a motorcycle mechanic for ten years and built more than a few custom bikes myself. I could've built that in my sleep. I watch those guys now and again purely for the entertainment value and they do crack me up and Aaron has some skills, but bringing up JJ's family to his face was Bad Idea. I don't know if that was reality show set up drama, but by the look on JJ's face when Richard and Aaron showed up, I knew something was wrong and it looked very real to me. Like other's said, I wouldve paid to see Jesse wipe the floor with Richard.

Jr. has great design skills and is truly talented. He has the ability to turn out stuff I could never do or imagine BUT.... It's all impractical rolling art with outsourced 21" wheels, frames and forks. He has a great eye and this last one I might even want to be seen on, but I can't imagine how shitty it would ride here in the mountains. For design he gets first place but as a motorcycle he gets last place. It's a wall hanger.

Sr's bike is truly a marvel of a 5 axis CNC machine work. The technology he put into that motorcycle is just so far out that it is truly a bike I would love to see in person, but again, like someone else said, that front end is hideous and just doesn't flow with the rest of the machine. I also have to ask myself "Does it work?". I know it starts, but does all this technology work together to give the rider that "Holy crap, what a machine!" feeling after riding? Like Jr., I have tremendous amount of respect for his and his crews skills.

Jesse James, once again, should've won. The deadline was, as he said "Fake, reality show bullshit" anyway so that really doesn't matter to me. His skills are so far beyond, and his craftsmanship so tight and on the money that I'm almost speechless. If I had the money I would PAY HIM to work in his shop for a week or two. I get the feeling that if I were to have the honor of riding his bike for a day, I'd be blown away. Not from bar to bar but a mountain day trip pushing the envelope from time to time. This bike is truly a bike, no goofy spikey stuff or car grilles with fake exhausts, just true to the essence of a motorcycle.

So there you have it, my review. BTW, the Velocity Channel has a series called Cafe' Racer where guys build motorcycles of all types without phony deadlines or drama and are tested by real road racers on real roads and conditions.

http://www.caferacertv.com/

The 2 Monkeys should have won. They built the best bike

i think the gas monkey guys went back to the roots of the hobby. the term "chopper" came from guys taking factory bikes and making them custom. they took a bike and completely changed the entire design of it. they may have done it cheaply with less frills but that is where it all came from.

Jessie James may have built every single part of that bike and yes the craftsman ship is first rate but it is weird combo of chopper and crotch rocket. If he would have just shut his mouth and checked his ego at the door America might have voted him the win. after all that is what this is, a popularity contest. this was not judged by other builders or people that know bikes. it was voted on by the American consumer.

Sr. bike was him just flexing his wallet! what did he do on that bike? oh ya he bolted on the gas tank while his crew did the rest of it. the bike is a technical masterpiece until you get to that goofy *** front fork.

Jr. bike was again another theme bike. It was a cool bike but it just has too many bells and whistles. i think he concentrates too much on the "wow factor" and forgets that he is still building a bike.

Jesse James, once again, should've won. The deadline was, as he said "Fake, reality show bullshit" anyway so that really doesn't matter to me. His skills are so far beyond, and his craftsmanship so tight and on the money that I'm almost speechless. If I had the money I would PAY HIM to work in his shop for a week or two. I get the feeling that if I were to have the honor of riding his bike for a day, I'd be blown away. Not from bar to bar but a mountain day trip pushing the envelope from time to time. This bike is truly a bike, no goofy spikey stuff or car grilles with fake exhausts, just true to the essence of a motorcycle.

im going to have to agree with you the two renobs that got second rofl my father and uncle are avid bikers and ive seen WAY better bikes built in less time in a home garage. jr bike was cool but like keith said i hated the fender emblem and yea it is more a show bike not a riding bike. sr bike i felt the same great concept front end was horrid and didnt care for the tank through frame idea. o and whos dumb *** idea was it to have the two monkey balls come out for jesse bike when the already stated they had to move hotels because of problems. i think they were hoping he would knock them out lol i was.

I have always been a fan of American Chopper.. (and yes I take heat for it lol) I like all the reality shows.. To me its mindless entertainment.. and when Im done with work and dealing with all the BS of life, mindless entertainment is good! LOL .. throw in some mechanical stuff, and its like a bonus... but heres my rundown:

The bike I felt should win, was actually a tie between Jr and GMG
I respected the fact that GMG actually rode their bike there.. something JJ would've have done back in the days when he was cool and relevant. As has been said already, Jr is very talented, especially from a design standpoint.. even hands on (when he feels like it) I still say, OCC would never have gotten where they are without his design skills and Discovery Channel being a 10 year advertisement..

Seniors bike sucked.. he looked like an adult trying to ride his kids Big Wheel bike.. and I agree, Jason just sucks.. I can see why jr couldnt stand working with him. Just cause he knows how to use all that fancy computer stuff, doesnt make him a great 'designer'.. thats a skill your born with... and I believe Jr has it..

I also believe JJ has that skill, however he has developed into the biggest, self absorbed dickwad. His early days (at least on Discovery) were some of the coolest things I ever saw... his vision, talent, and skills were what helped spawn all these other shows, including American Choppers, the old biker build offs, and the whole automotive reality tv genre... he had a hand in that.. but he has gone way off the reservation the last several years, and its more him running his mouth about how awesome he his, rather than showing how good he could be... sad...

So... my order is
1) Jr from a design standpoint and GMG from a functioning chopper standpoint
2)Senior and JJ tied for biggest disappointments

They were all great bikes occ had the best hi-tec, Jr had the most display worthy, Jesse built something unlike he ever has for better or worse, but I think they are all fantasy bikes nothing wrong with that but I liked the simplicity of the monkey bike And they rode it that should be worth something.It would be the only one I would really want.

My take on this it was a build off so in reality jj,jr,sr, did a complete build and design with handmade parts.
Jesse has the best fabricating skills of all of them hands down.
Senior can build killer old school choppers.[his new stuff sucks] he should fire that punkassed draftsman he's gonna ruin him.
Junior has a very good ability to design on the fly and has a very good team.
Gas Monkey's Aron is a skilled all around fabricator Richard is just the money man.

Jesse's and Senior's bikes [altho were the most heavly fabricated/designed] missed the chopper title by a mile both were crotch rockets in my opinion.
Juniors bike was cool in my opinion, but looked clunky and heavy, but was well designed.
Gas Monkey's bike was the least fabricated [more restored than fabricated] but the only one that reflected the real meaning of building a chopper [like any one of us could in our garage] useing the parts they had onhand.
I think the picking was good overall Jr's was a good choice as first as was GM's bike taking second, the other two altho well designed/built were not choppers and not on time.

I admit Fast and Loud is my guilty pleasure. very little steroid fueled Rage fits and "im so good no one appreciates my SKILLZ" crap Richard is a Flipper but i dont mind Arron is TALENTED and look at Cookers bike he did and that bike wins chopper build off hand over fist. I think they are building machines that are intended to function. the older build off shows forced a ride to the show and OCC guys never went on those shows. Maybe just me but Arron @ GMG is more from the Indian Larry, billy lane, drive it like you stole it crowd but who are we kidding anyone who complains about TV on the internet should get back int eh shop andbuild some MOPARs

gas monkey bike, is a bike to ride and not to out there. jesse james is by far the best fabricator. junior needs to get off the theme builds. I don't see the need for a bike that looks like a car. paul sr, he's done it all has nothing to prove.

I liked gas monkey bikes love shovelheads. and Sr's and Jesse's bikes were ugly as heck. Jr had a nice bike but the thing was too freakin big. Had to have been all of 14 ft long and the handle bars were ugly only thing that made the bike cool was the grille

Jr.s bike Impractical and UGLY
Sr.s bike cool bike , but not a chopper, rolling scifi art
Jesse's bike cool bike , bad *** but a little too Japaneasy
Gas Monkeys, cool chopper but looks like a kit bike, rather have a 2006 Night Train.

honestly paul jr and gmg for 1st, jesse lame and roid head for last exactly how it should have been. I would have loved to see richard and aaron through down on jessie see him get his butt whooped on tv

gas monkey should have won they built a chopper. the rest of the crap from father and son were junk you cant ride those bikes there just built for looks. and poor jj what was he thinking what part of his bike was a chopper. he must have bumped his head if he thinks that was a chopper. to me a chopper is an old harley with a few inches of rake a panhead or shovelhead motor and some ape hangers.that guys built in there driveways or shed outback. just my 2cents.

-
Back