Biscuit style mounts...

-

chaditotx

Reaction score
Dropping a 408 Magnum in the Demon. I have the v8 K member biscuit style mounts in the car. Looks like the 340 beat the crap out of the old mounts, and I am really afraid of the 408 doing much worse to them. I was thinking about those spool mounts, but it looks like I'd need to change k members and use a later (73-) k member to do this. I also have a slant six k laying around amd thought maybe I could get conversion mounts that would be spool but no dice.
Are there any options out there for biscuit mounts that will last besides the poly locks? It's hard for me to justify spending $200 on parts that small. Seems ridiculous.

Solid mount on the driver side, standard rubber on the passenger side..

Great ideas! I didn't know they made the strap either. Sure beats the chain on there now.

Chrysler2
A little less.

You could do the same at home by countersinking the pate that goes against the K and threading the other plate and using the correct countersunk socket head cap screw. Just make sure the head of the bolt doesn't go against the K. But this wouldn't damper in both direction unless you left the head loose and welded the bolt.

-
Back