Black engine bay's?

-
My engine bay is black, but my car is black primer. I say do what your wallet fan afford, and what you like. At this point all I care about is getting my car running and hurting some of ky Chevy, and Ford buddies feelings. When it really comes down to it when they see my tail lights the last thing they are gonna ask is what color is your engine bay.

Just my .02 Aj

the Barracuda that I just got has the engine compartment painted black and it looks stupid.
IMG_0338-1.jpg

The only unibody MoPars I can think of that had black boiler rooms were TX9 body colour or the 1968 LO23 / BO29 twins .

IMO , black does look like 5h1t on unibody MoPars . I especially despise black compartments when the black was sprayed-over an original paint compartment (yes, I've seen an otherwise original paint , EV2 1969 Charger R/T , with that damned black sprayed-over all of the factory markings and originality :violent1: ; and , yes , that alone determined its selling price !! ).

How about another neutral colour ? The "Splatter Spray" looks alright , IMO . At least it's a grey with blue / red / black splatter mixed in , which complements engine colours .

I work at an auto glass installation center and I see ALOT of engine bays. Some people should never be aloud to leave WalMart with a can of black spray paint!!

How about another neutral colour ? The "Splatter Spray" looks alright , IMO . At least it's a grey with blue / red / black splatter mixed in , which complements engine colours .

You don't want them to paint the compartment black because it looks bad and it's not original, but you want them to splatter spray it? My parents used that in their trunk and I just cannot stand it. Looks terrible. But maybe that's just me.

I have to say body color also.. If I looked at a nice mopar that was for sale and they opened the hood and the enging bay was black I would take off the cost of yanking the motor and having it re done in my offer...

Attachments

• 52612 008 (Large).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 329
  • 6-27-12 002 (Large).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 287
If you want you car to look like the factory did. Paint it the same color as the body. But what stopping you their? Throw away the chrome valve covers, their not factory. No unpainted intakes, nope, Did the factory put bare aluminum radiator on you car? No Paint it like the factory. Headers? No mag wheels, Only poliglass tires.
Why stop at one thing??

All that sounds silly doesn't it.
It's your ride paint it the way you want.

Here's the problem, it looks silly on these cars. Body color is better looking. Imo, the only black engine bays should be on certain Chevys (not any of the tri 5s) or any other BOF cars from the big 3. Even mustangs look silly with black engine bays unless the rest of the car is black.

I guess I better stay away from Walmart and the spray paint aisle. I painted my engine bay black for two reasons. The first one is I don't know to paint and the second one is I didn't have enough money at the time.

I guess I better stay away from Walmart and the spray paint aisle. I painted my engine bay black for two reasons. The first one is I don't know to paint and the second one is I didn't have enough money at the time.

it was only stated that SOME people should stay away , that wasnt directed at you . and i agreed because i have seen some horrific spray bombed engine bays. i use wally paint from time to time with excellent results

If you want you car to look like the factory did. Paint it the same color as the body. But what stopping you their? Throw away the chrome valve covers, their not factory. No unpainted intakes, nope, Did the factory put bare aluminum radiator on you car? No Paint it like the factory. Headers? No mag wheels, Only poliglass tires.
Why stop at one thing??

All that sounds silly doesn't it.
It's your ride paint it the way you want.

^ This. If it looks good to you, do it. So long as you're not going for "all original." or anything. If a guy gives you hell at a show or something, just laugh at him. It always makes them madder and it's /so much fun./

As stated, if you're going for an original look, that would be painted. Otherwise, non-issue. Mine will stay black even after my car no longer is, because I'm /not/ pulling out the engine every time I repaint it. That's just too much.

No problem. Just having a little fun with the Walmart thing. But I did really get my paint from Wally World as I call it.

it was only stated that SOME people should stay away , that wasnt directed at you . and i agreed because i have seen some horrific spray bombed engine bays. i use wally paint from time to time with excellent results

Hey, Walmart is great on pricing, just wish the bags and little bit of thinner to clean up afterwards had better pricing

gold-paint-huffer-halloween-cost.jpg

While I'm stoned I like black engine compartments, not so much when sober!

I was wondering how a black engine bay would look.
Or should I stick with the same color as the body?
I am just curious at what I should do because if I pull out my /6 to drop in my new 360 I would either like to paint it black or the color I plan to paint the car in the future.
I like black because its simple but I hear mopar people would hate me for doing a black engine bay. lol.
Is that so?
I am assuming the body matched engine bay is like a mopar thing?

IF YOU WANT A BLACK ENGINE COMPARTMENT, paint the car black, or sell your MOPAR and buy a chebby

I HATE seeing a Mopar with a engine compartment painted black on any Mopar that isn't Black

View attachment 001MyMotor.jpg

do you think the engine would look as good with a black engine compartment?

I say if you want black, and ESPECIALLY if you are on a budget and want to clean things up a bit, go for it. If you ever get the money for a lengthy "real" restoration, no big deal.

Hell the people that owned my car (originally green) painted it red, and either white primer or color, then black. So all that crap is now showing through the engine bay

Hell, I'm seriously thinking of painting it with bedliner!!!

i must confess, mine is black. but ill blame it on previous owner

Paint it whatever color you want man, people are too touchy about this topic.

All you purists need to get laid!

At the end of the day, it's your car, do what makes you happy. Just PLEASE, please, make sure you black out the front side of the rad support. Nuthin' you or anybody else could ever do that looks cheaper and uglier than seeing body color, especially a light body color, glaring at you from behind the grille.

-
Back