Black engine bay's?

-
I'm always amazed by when this question comes up, because I painted not only the firewall on my sister's '68 Camaro in body colour (they are stock), but also the inner fender panels, the inside of the fenders (unlike a Mopar, they can be seen when the hood is up), the core support, and the underside of the hood. At least there will be one generic motors muscle era car that looks as finished with the hood open as it's Mopar counterpart.
I can't imagine not painting my Mopar engine compartment as nicely as, and in the same colour as the outside of the body.

I put a 340-6pack top end from an AAR Cuda on my 69 Fury's 318... is that as sinful as a black engine bay? (yeah, yeah, yeah - apples vs. oranges.... but you get the point)

Build YOUR car YOUR way to accomplish YOUR goals with it.... You will never please all the people all the time, so just have fun with it.

When I bought this 67 cuda it had a black engine compartment.

Attachments

• FABO CUDA 1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 310
Dick Landys 68 Dart was black under the hood. You don't get more Mopar than him.

*Which* '68 are you referring to ; his LO23 or LS23M8 ? The LO23 had black from the factory (or at least via Hurst ) , as did every '68 SS Dart / Barracuda . But , then again , these were also all "finished" in primer and fibreglas gelcoat .

I sure hope no one ask about seeing the Body color behind the grill.
YES !! Other than B7 , B8 , F8 and X9 (any others ?) , the blackout on the core support is *supposed* to be there ( yes , I've seen cases where there was little if any , on 100% original cars in the salvage yards ).

This is especially necessary if the car's colour is Hi-Impact , yellow(s) or red(s) . And , no I don't mean Quaaludes (yellows) and Lilly F-40's (reds) :D

When I bought this 67 cuda it had a black engine compartment.

Interestingly I don't find your black engine offensive at all.
Is it by chance a factory roller LA motor (or Magnum for that matter), which would have been black from the factory?

*Which* '68 are you referring to ; his LO23 or LS23M8 ? The LO23 had black from the factory (or at least via Hurst ) , as did every '68 SS Dart / Barracuda . But , then again , these were also all "finished" in primer and fibreglas gelcoat .

And how cool were they? :thumblef:

Interestingly I don't find your black engine offensive at all.
Is it by chance a factory roller LA motor (or Magnum for that matter), which would have been black from the factory?

No it's a 78 LA 360. I just chose to paint it black.

I painted my Optima battery black too :hello2:
That is JUST WRONG AND STUPID....WHAT where you thinking? OMG...I may need to give up my gold membership over this atrocity! As my 11 year old son would say....FAIL! :wack::banghead:

Next thing we will see is....wrinkle black paint valve covers and air cleaners....AHHHHH seriously. I prefer the body color because it is unique. But i haven't kept my cars completely original or stock either.

How about Hot Rod Black engine bay and Brilliant silver on the outside?????

That is JUST WRONG AND STUPID....WHAT where you thinking? OMG...I may need to give up my gold membership over this atrocity! As my 11 year old son would say....FAIL! :wack::banghead:

The battery supposed to be in the trunk anyhow. That's the first thing I do is relocate the battery when I buy my old cars. lol

How about Hot Rod Black engine bay and Brilliant silver on the outside?????

I wouldn't .... still black in the engine bay.

One of the things I love about Mopar unibodies is the way they did paint the engine bay body color.

Grant

I was wondering how a black engine bay would look.
I like black because its simple but I hear mopar people would hate me for doing a black engine bay. lol.

So you're painting the car black? I say go for it.

But seriously...if I see a non black Mopar with a black engine bay, I assume the owner is a Chevy guy.

To me, that's one thing that sets Mopars apart from the crowd, the body color engine bay.

Mopar. Anything else is just a car.

Did someone say "Black"

IMG_0256.jpg

Seriously though do what you want I think they look better body color.:coffee2:

-
Back