Black listed

-
I feel if i can help i will say something, i have wrenched and fabbed on a lot of jeeps. i have also worked for a few years of design and engineering for machines to assemble paint the big three cars along with other companies. if i like your build or have a question about why you did something i will ask. but as said earllyer in this post there are a lot of posts. hope this helped

To be honest, I hardly ever look at resto thread

If you have ?'s put in general or Mopar thread

I'm no expert, but have been working on cars for 40 years, 1st car was 67 barracuda and have had more than 100 cars and trucks. Worked for Chrysler in the 70's

Try to help out when I can and understand how a thread drops off quickly. I have posted several that get only a couple of replies. Sometimes I wonder why they don't get more responses, but then again there are a lot of new threads daily

If you have a question about a 67 Dart convertible can probably help out, took mine completely apart and back together but most of the A's have the same stuff in them.

I agree with quite a few replies here that there can be a ton of new threads each day, so some of your ???'s might fall between the cracks. I for one am not too much of an engine guy and sometimes dont chime in as I dont want to give bad/misleading info!

Like many here, I read more than I post. That, and lately I have been surfing FABO on my phone, so I tend to stick to the mopar general/general discussions, and the classifieds.

I spend most of my time cruising through the tech sections where gazillions of questions are asked and answered. I help when I can, but somebody with greater knowledge always seems to beat me to it. If you ask questions only in your own build thread, they will be seen only by people following that thread.

The only thing i mostly check it for now is parts in general , If i can get a good deal on something i am interested in , and not pay alot of shipping i will purchase on paypal , but to act like kids back and forth , i am not into it anymore .But still a great site for sure.

Personally I think this site is great and as has been said sometimes we read threads and don't respond and there are lots to read.I think a site should be for people with similar intrests to get together and learn and talk and run ideas through each other. While learning, teaching, sharing ,incouraging, helping... we build relationships if only through the computer and some of us become very close you know who's input you respect and who the funny guy might be or the guys who will come help you out.I very rarely post but I read quite a bit of stuff on here it's a pretty good bunch we have here.My other car is a volvo 5spd turbo wagon (very fun car!).I go to the Volvo site and they are mostly a bunch of dickheads.As a newbie you can't ask a simple question most of the time you get slammed or ridiculed or told to look it up it's been discussed.

This has happened to many of us. Just keep bumping it once every few days... or do what leanna said. Better yet... make your post title "Look at these naked pics I found under the carpet of my car"

I have been on here for awhile now . Just wondering if I'm being black balled on this sight . I post question on my build that I never get answer to . I post pics with no reply's . It's making me not to even want to be on this sight . Is my build not good enough to be on this sight . Am I not spending enough money to be considered one the elite crew on here ? I notice there are certain builds that get all the attention . Them are the ones that have more money than sence. Guess if its just a poor boy build like mine then so what . I used to like this sight but am really thanking of moving my build thread to another sight . Rant , cry baby session over . If I am being black listed are the cold shoulder maybe some one can tell me why ?

Your avatar is too ugly...:blob:

Why because I have a bad *** 550 hp 440 stroker in an a. Body ok I see it maybe I will change it to a big block Chevy then you might like it better . Lol

Change it to a BB Chevy in an original Hemi car and you'll be suprised at how many comments you get.

Change it to a BB Chevy in an original Hemi car and you'll be suprised at how many comments you get.

LMAO... Winner right there!

If you have a question about a certain aspect of your build, ask it in the appropriate forum where it can be addressed. If you ask within the resto thread, only those that are actively looking at your thread will see it.

You aren't alone, I've asked questions in this and other forums and they go mostly unanswered. Sometimes I wonder, but, eventually the answer arrives. Don't get frustrated.

Why because I have a bad *** 550 hp 440 stroker in an a. Body ok I see it maybe I will change it to a big block Chevy then you might like it better . Lol

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't tell it was an engine. It looked like some sort of scary Halloween mask to me...

I've owned exactly ONE Chevy in my entire life (started buying cars in 1955, when I was 17) and it was a race car.

It only took ONE for me to learn that they were junk...

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't tell it was an engine. It looked like some sort of scary Halloween mask to me...

I've owned exactly ONE Chevy in my entire life (started buying cars in 1955, when I was 17) and it was a race car.

It only took ONE for me to learn that they were junk...
Im going to say with all due respect Bill . I thought the same thing tell i got my truck one of the best running rides ive had . Just saying lol

Bill Dedman, you live in Conway?
I used to have family there. Parents and sister died.
No more.

Moving on to the fellow that wonders if he's been "blacklisted"
I've had to post very little tech questions on here over the years.
But when I have (recently) some people fell over backwards to help.
I myself used to be guilty of starting what I would call "junk" threads.
I.E. non-technical stuff.
That kind of BS takes up a lot of board space since most people have a life and time doesn’t allow more than a quick check of the recent thread listing.
And consequently your thread gets buried in the debris.
I say that to let you know that your post probably is just getting lost in the clutter.
Carry on.

I feel your pain Moparisbest, sometimes you post items with no response and it makes you feel as dumb as gravel, then you 'll post a question ythat will conjure up 3 pages of responses which makes you feel part of the "family"

theres some good fellas here, made a couple friends, learned alot - theres alot of us down to earth guys with budget builds that stay in the hobby because of their love of mopars

I find the forums getting quite big , sometimes ive posted a question then returned the next day to find it buiried 5 pages and 375 posts back

Congrats!! You have 3 pages worth of replies on this thread =D>

:argue: Hey!! How come MY threads don't get this much attention? Now I feel blackballed :banghead: :D

I will watch your build with interest now. I usually lurk at builds, then wisecrack on General subjects posted by Scott or Steve :D

Everyones in awe and speachless. If it bothers ya go burn some rubber. You,ll feel better.

It's cause we are from the great state of Kansas.

The only "Black List" on this site is the people that do NOT paint black paint behind their headlights.
This is a good site. If you have no replys your doing good.

Michael

Bill Dedman, you live in Conway?
I used to have family there. Parents and sister died.
No more.

Yep, I moved to Conway whan I retired from the San Francisco Chronicle in 2004. I grew up in Little Rock, but after a 6-month trial balloon of living back in Little Rock, Conway seemed a better "fit" for me.

With a population of 60,000, and easy access to Little Rock (a 25-minute freeway drive,) it has proven ro be a good place for me to live.

Thanks for asking!:cheers:

-
Back