black out behind Duster grill

-

mad dog

Reaction score
Good morning FABO, I will be getting my Duster back from the body shop very soon, i was hopeing that you guys could post up some pics of the black out area behind the grill. I am fully aware of how the factory did this but im looking for an over restored look compared to the sloppy factory look, i will be tapeing the areas that would get the overspray, im interested in seeing the general area that got the black out treatment.
Thanks and look forward to seeing your pics...Rich

Good morning FABO, I will be getting my Duster back from the body shop very soon, i was hopeing that you guys could post up some pics of the black out area behind the grill. I am fully aware of how the factory did this but im looking for an over restored look compared to the sloppy factory look, i will be tapeing the areas that would get the overspray, im interested in seeing the general area that got the black out treatment.
What color is your car? Radiator support black out was supposed to happen to all colors. Occasionally a light color didn't get coated. Some (not all) black or extremely dark colors got coated an some didn't. The original material was a thinned down undercoating material sprayed through a nozzle (not a gun) adn sprayed from under the car. A spray can of matte black works just fine.

Radiator Support Black Out.jpg2.jpeg

Radiator Support Black Out.jpg

Hi Mad Dog,

Here's how I did my 68 Barracuda. I wanted a finished look as well.

Should be very similar for your Duster.

1714486032239.png

Here are pictures of my 67 Barracudas original blackout.
It was sprayed from under the car with no masking.
1990-06-01_021.jpg

2000-11-01_004.jpg

2000-11-01_005.jpg

2001-06-23_025.jpg

Alan

-
Back