GeorgeGerhard

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I picked up a new caliper today at napa
in the box with the caliper were 2 black like rubberbands

Does anyone know where they go?

thank you
George Gerhard

They go in the groove in the caliper adapter that the caliper rides in to help prevent noise. There is a flat pad the width of the caliper adapter and about 3/4" deep that they stretch over. Wondered about them for years and found a diagram posted here that showed where they went.

Correct > in groove between caliper mounting and caliper ... slide surface .... I would not install ... UNLESS there is excessive wear on caliper or mounting surface .... they may prevent rattle with no brake apply or clunk during braking ....I THOUGHT that FORDS mostly used these ?

"I would not install ... UNLESS there is excessive wear on caliper or mounting surface .... they may prevent rattle with no brake apply or clunk during braking ....I THOUGHT that FORDS mostly used these ? " This is incorrect, they came as original equipment as harmonic noise reduction in the 70's.

"I would not install ... UNLESS there is excessive wear on caliper or mounting surface .... they may prevent rattle with no brake apply or clunk during braking ....I THOUGHT that FORDS mostly used these ? " This is incorrect, they came as original equipment as harmonic noise reduction in the 70's.

See pic for correct installation and usage. :lol:
Rubber-Band-Shooter.jpg
I use them to shot the neighborhood cat that crawls up next to me when I'm under the car.

My passenger front caliper used to "clunk" over bumps when not on the brakes until I saw that post explaining what that this is for...

Rubber-Band-Shooter.jpg

Player1 up LOL ...

My statement "I THOUGHT that FORDS mostly used these ".. Fords in the 70's were the ones i seen mostly with siezing slides and wore mating surfaces ...
66fs > thanks for clarification , i cannot recall that far back ...

That's OK no one used them anyway, I was probably the only one. I've used them as pictured above also.

Used to be a front end and brake mech; I always put them on, to keep from having people come back and complain...

-
Back