Blew a brake line today

-

68gtxman

I used to reMember
Reaction score
I got the travel trailer all hooked up, the wife and dog loaded, and as I was pulling into the hometown gas station to fill up the tank, the rear brake line blew! Thank God that I wasn't the 500 miles away from home we were planning on going today. The GMC Denali had all rusted brake lines, and I guess that one spot was so thin that it blew from the increased pedal pressure I applied. For a $50K vehicle, you'd think GM would have used stainless steel for the brake lines. :violent1:

Thank God too for Monro Mufflers! They worked on it today and promised to fix it,by 11:00 AM tomorrow. Then we'll be able to start our vacation from NJ to Williamsburg VA.

I see you're from NJ. I can STILL remember when my '70 RR was about 2 years old, got up early one morning at N.A.S. Miramar, went out to the parking lot, and there in the sun was a '70 Satellite, from "back there" plates and with an "odd look." I shaded my eyes, and then could see why------the sun was shining CLEAR THROUGH the rear quarter panels from one side to the other!!!!

There were huge oblong holes rusted through the trunk/ quarters on what "I considered" to be a "brand new" car!!!

Attachments

• jersey.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 95
-
Back