Blitz Black from John Deere

-

RedScampi

Reaction score
Anybody ever try this stuff for semi flat black applications? I shot my 68 Suburban with it through a cheap gun and it came out pretty cool even though I'm not a painter. I did this to sell the truck since it was collecting dust/rust in my driveway. The cool thing about this stuff is that it is a paint, not primer and its 25 bucks a gallon at the John Deere store. I am toying with the idea of using this to black out my hood. What do you think?

DSC03142.jpg

DSC03221.jpg

I plan to use it on my spoiler and hood scoop for my duster. It is good quality inexpensive paint. If I was blacking out the hood I would use it as well.

It is also an exact match for the "jewel black" paint used on the metal dash panels.

John Deere also has a medium gloss black paint which closely matches other black items like wiper motors, pulleys, etc.

Maybe you could paint your Scamp JD Green with a yellow bee stripe. Just kidding...

But seriously the john deere paints are definetely a good deal for you money. I read somewhere they are made by Valspar.

Wow that does look nice.

I was planning on just re-rattle canning the Dart when I finish the bodywork, but maybe I'll try and shoot it instead... be my first painting project.

or do they come already ready to spray?I noticed on the suburban the dry stripes from paint over lap,common with paint that dries too past.You wouldnt want your hood to come out like that.if there is a slower temp reducer,it will slow the paint drying time down,and the overlap stripes will go away

to the best of my knowedge there is only one reducer. There is a hardener for low temperature spraying.

You are right - it dried too fast. I did this in my back yard in direct sunlight at about 75 degrees. It was not the right place or way to do it but I didn't want to make a mess of my garage. John Deere sells just one reducer as far as I know. I'll be extremely careful on the Scamp since it's a keeper!

-
Back