Blower fan removal

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Trying to remove the fan from the heater motor. Removed the set screw. Sprayed with lubricate but is being stubborn.
Any thoughts

Try wedges between fan at shaft and motor body. Two tie-rod forks might slip in. Might need to add cut washers to fit to the parts.

Old thread but how did you eventually get the fan separated from the motor? Mine is rusted on and is a pain. Kind of at a loss because I can’t afford to break anything because of part availability.

I never had a problem, but besides penetrant and a little heat, see if a small windshield wiper puller will fit. If beating on the shaft end. you need a way to support at the inner fan hub so you don't bend the fins and body.

I never had a problem, but besides penetrant and a little heat, see if a small windshield wiper puller will fit. If beating on the shaft end. you need a way to support at the inner fan hub so you don't bend the fins and body.
Great idea! Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. This website and the people on here have been a treasure for me.

Old thread but how did you eventually get the fan separated from the motor? Mine is rusted on and is a pain. Kind of at a loss because I can’t afford to break anything because of part availability.
The OP hasn't been on here in over a year. If I remember right he was having some minor health issues, so I hope he is ok. He's a good guy, so I didn't want you to think he was ignoring you.

:thumbsup:

Oh man I hope he is doing well. I’ll be praying for him. I never thought I was being ignored and thanks for the heads up.

-
Back