Blower motor blues

-

73Charger318

Member Rt 66 Mopar Club
Reaction score
This thing sounds like someone was dying when you turned it on, so the heater box is out of the 65 Baracuda. After three decades of sitting it all needed done anyway.

Any tips on getting this off? Set screw is out, nothing budging. Is it easier just to buy a new squirrel cage? I had planned on getting this one off and reusing it.

I found a couple online that have the same dimensions. O'Reilly says this doesn't fit a 65 Barracuda but it looks like the same wheel.

IMG_9890.jpg

Look closely at the direction the vanes are bent- that's a clockwise vs. counter clockwise wheel.
1719764360922.png
1719764419826.png

Thanks. So where can I find a wheel that is correct? Or at least get the one off the old blower so I can reuse it?

Thanks. So where can I find a wheel that is correct? Or at least get the one off the old blower so I can reuse it?
Look through their listings for 4 1/2" blower wheels, find one that matches your original dimensions.
If the CCW one you posted has all the correct dimensions but is just the wrong rotation, then this one seems close:
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...rracuda?q=4+1/2+inch+blower+motor+wheel&pos=4
But it's up to you to match your original dimensions and mounting method, because I don't know what they are.

Look through their listings for 4 1/2" blower wheels, find one that matches your original dimensions.
If the CCW one you posted has all the correct dimensions but is just the wrong rotation, then this one seems close:
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/murray-climate-control/murray-climate-control-clockwise-blower-motor-wheel/mry0/35218/v/a/16635/automotive-car-1965-plymouth-barracuda?q=4+1/2+inch+blower+motor+wheel&pos=4
But it's up to you to match your original dimensions and mounting method, because I don't know what they are.
Yes those are my dimensions. Looks like I had the right idea, just the wrong direction. Would still be interested in any tips to remove the one I already have from the shaft.

Thanks for your help!

-
Back