Blown Hemi Valiant from Oz .

-

RobsHemiA

Reaction score
Hey guys . I posted this over on the welcome wagon , but figure I should put it here as well . My project is a 1970 Valiant coupe . The body is a U.S '67 Dart essentially . The car was purchased from a friend of mine as a roller , and was originally built in a very 1980's style . Car is ready for final sand as soon as some small fabrication jobs are taken care of . Anyway , time for pics .

Hemi1.jpg

Motor is a 354 with 8/71 Blower Shop blower , Comp Blower cam , twin 950 Holley blower carbs , Ross pistons etc . Its all new parts and I have done initial run in on my stand and it ran sweet .

Hemi2.jpg

Initial test fit . Tight but its in .

IMG_0673.jpg

Nice big brakes up front to slow it down .

Rack1.jpg

Steering rack from a locally built GM car .

Quarter.jpg

Big tires tucked in .

Dash1.jpg

Dash2.jpg

Fitted a Dakota Digital 6 gauge dash . Had to widen the original bezel and the dash opening to get it in . Fills the dash nicely .

Wiring.jpg

New wiring going in front to back . The car had some very scary wiring when purchased .

The plan at the moment is to finish the engine install , then all new original style interior in black and then paint . Will be done in Sublime with a black trunk stripe and black hood . I love hanging around this site , and hopefully I can learn more about these cars from all the knowledgable people that are on here . Rob .

Blown HEMI's are welcome everywhere!!:glasses7:

Attachments

• IMG_2273.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 252
I like the way you leaned the master cyl over....good thinkin'....and the rear steer rack looks interesting

I like the way you leaned the master cyl over....good thinkin'....and the rear steer rack looks interesting

That is actually a factory offset v8 brake booster bracket.

Since the aussie built cars are Right hand drive, to give clearance since the motor is off centre towards our drivers side.

You dont need to offset your boosters as you have them on the other side.

The booster mount as philchars said is a factory piece here . Just happens to work beautifully with the Hemi in there . The rack is out of a mid 80's Holden , a local GM product . I only put it in to gain some clearance for headers etc .

-
Back