Blown Slant vs Big Block A

-

BillGrissom

Reaction score
Ran across this on YouTube:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pih8mhCztw&list=UUDZkS8vAT-owZxlawvf1Nxg&index=7&feature=plcp"]slantsix racing - YouTube[/ame]
A supercharged slant loses to a big block by 0.01 sec. He is still tuning it, so should improve his 11.56 sec 1/4 mile. A few turbo sixes have run faster. So much for the "no replacement for displacement" rule. terrylittlejohn appears to be a Newfoundlander. I see 1 post on FABO by the same name.

Forced induction is always cool! However, it Totally depends on what you're doing do that same racing but instead of that big block it has a 572 Hemi with twin turbos, can you guess which one will win.

I couldn't view the VW video, but that is awesome. Proves "no replacement for light weight" is the ultimate rule. I have an SB Dart, but every-time I look at the slant I got last Xmas I smile. Haven't had one of those asymmetrical engines since my 69 Dart was stolen in 1994.

I'm a newbie to slant 6s, but I think I heard someone say that they had 6 bolt mains... Is this the reason the engine is so bullet-proof? If so, I could easily understand why guys are building them up for performance...

And if you used forced induction on the rb how would it fare against the /? You know, a fair apples to apples test unlike this apples to oranges one....

I'm a newbie to slant 6s, but I think I heard someone say that they had 6 bolt mains... Is this the reason the engine is so bullet-proof? If so, I could easily understand why guys are building them up for performance...

nope... they have two bolt main caps... and they have 4 main caps...

as for wy they are so strong is because they were cast in the molds for the aluminum blocks... so there is alot of meat where it needs it...

-
Back