Blue 70 Swinger

-

howco4

Reaction score
Finally got some paint on the Swinger, (and in my garage). I've been at this car, off and on, for two years. Hoping it drivable by August. Howard

100_1052 (600 x 400).jpg

100_1053 (600 x 400).jpg

now there is a color not often seen on a swinger. what color is that? looks like petty blue. it is going to look very good when finished. are you putting a tail stripe on it? that would look great with a white stripe and white interior...

It's called "speed blue". I got it of a web paint supplier. Still up in the air about the interior color. I will be going with a semi-gloss black on the hood. The rest of the accents will also be black.

Yup, has a petty blue look to it. Maybe a little darker than petty blue, but not much! I think one of the major automotive paint co.'s has a similar color called pepsi blue. My duster was petty blue when I got it & I think im gonna keep it that way. Solid blue paint looks sooo good with black accents & even looks good with white! A win-win situation!!

Congrats to you!

I bought the paint from TCP Global, an online company. It is a single stage, "Restoration Shop", acrylic enamel. It was sold as a complete kit, with reducer and hardener. A one gallon kit is $75.00 at todays prices. I bought 2 kits. I choose a solid color, as it's a little easier to shoot and repair. I'm not a professional painter, but this paint worked very well for me. Howard

-
Back