blue print for a turbo /6

-
Thank u so much Bill those pics are great I may still just use the stock exhaust manifold but if I decided to build a header u gave me a great starting point
Aaron

Actually I spoke to a camshaft maker from custom cams who has billet / 6 roller blanks. He makes alot of nascar cams for Rousch and so on. The roller cam can work but with it being billet and very long it would warp.

Actually I spoke to a camshaft maker from custom cams who has billet / 6 roller blanks. He makes alot of nascar cams for Rousch and so on. The roller cam can work but with it being billet and very long it would warp.

"Warp"???

How much?

When???

Never heard of that...

My best 60' is with the 2.76 gears (1.53). It leaves the line at 23+ psi sometimes and there is no "when the boost kicks in". I also have a 26" tire. What tire size are you running and what rpm? I was done before the 1/8 with the 3.23 rear. Tons of torque with the boost so no need for low gear! Later
Ryan

My best 60' is with the 2.76 gears (1.53). It leaves the line at 23+ psi sometimes and there is no "when the boost kicks in". I also have a 26" tire. What tire size are you running and what rpm? I was done before the 1/8 with the 3.23 rear. Tons of torque with the boost so no need for low gear! Later
Ryan

Are you asking me, Ryan?

Ryan

Ryan I'm not trying to offend anybody this is my first /6 and also my first turbo application I haven't even started the motor build yet I'm work on the chassis of the car first please keep the input coming oh Yah keep me on the right path...love the feedback..
Thanks Aaron

Ryan I'm not trying to offend anybody this is my first /6 and also my first turbo application I haven't even started the motor build yet I'm work on the chassis of the car first please keep the input coming oh Yah keep me on the right path...love the feedback..
Thanks Aaron

I'm not offended, I started out with 3.91 and quickly learned it wasn't going to work. I didn't realize how fast this thing was going to be. I was happy if it hit a 12.99. You'll be pleasantly surprised how quick yours will run! Wish mine was as light as them older Valiants. later

Sorry to reply to you so late Bill. The cam would probably cost 900 dollars but he does not deal with the public only machine shops. He can definately make you one hell of a cam grind though.

Sorry to reply to you so late Bill. The cam would probably cost 900 dollars but he does not deal with the public only machine shops. He can definately make you one hell of a cam grind though.

I don't have 900 dollars in my whole cylinder head, valves, springs, and all... This is NOT an NHRA Competition Eliminator car; just two old guys with a FEW bucks to spend trying to go quick with a 6 cylinders...

Thanks for that information, though.... If I win the lottery, he'll have a new customer!! :cheers:

I'm not offended, I started out with 3.91 and quickly learned it wasn't going to work. I didn't realize how fast this thing was going to be. I was happy if it hit a 12.99. You'll be pleasantly surprised how quick yours will run! Wish mine was as light as them older Valiants. later

Ryan,
We're working hard to keep the weight dow, Shoothing for about 2,600 with driver.

We only run 1/8th mile and 1,000-foot strips.

I have a 3.55 SG in it now, with 28" tall, 9"-wide tires. They are new M-T bias-ply slicks,,, NOT Radials and they have NO tread of any kind.

Hopin' for some 1.50s 60-footers.:profilel:

I think its official I'm commuted to a /6 turbo build I went out and bought a garrett gt3271 the other day also I got a Clifford four barrel intake and a set of larger valves and a set of 340 springs I guess there's no turning back now I'm going to make this build happen
Aaron

I think its official I'm commuted to a /6 turbo build I went out and bought a garrett gt3271 the other day also I got a Clifford four barrel intake and a set of larger valves and a set of 340 springs I guess there's no turning back now I'm going to make this build happen
Aaron

Keep us posted; looks like you have the right raw material, for sure...:cheers:

-
Back