Blues Brothers question:

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This always seemed like a hole in the plot:

When the band played at Bobs Country Bunker, they closed down the joint. ALL the customers had gone. THEN the "Good Old Boys" showed up late to perform.
For who
huh.gif
Everyone was gone, they were mopping the floors at the time.
What the hell, man
huh.gif

Didn't Elwood sabotage their bus or something to steal their gig? Isn't that why they showed up late?

Nope. The RV gas pedal was doctored with glue just prior to the main show not the Bunker. The big chase is where the RV runs through the building and into the water as the gas pedal is glued to the floor.

I think Elwood locked them in the bus or did something else before the gig at Bob's. They cut a lot of scenes out when they play it on TV. I could be wrong though. I have problems remembering 35min ago, much less 35 years ago.

It's got a cop motor....a 440-cubic inch plant ! It's got cop tires , cop suspension , cop shocks !
It's a model made before catalytic convertors so it will run good on regular gas !

HIT IT !!!

I've thought the same thing myself.
But you can't let a small detail like this ruin the best movie ever.

This always seemed like a hole in the plot:

When the band played at Bobs Country Bunker, they closed down the joint. ALL the customers had gone. THEN the "Good Old Boys" showed up late to perform.
For who
huh.gif
Everyone was gone, they were mopping the floors at the time.
What the hell, man
huh.gif

Right, they were just late. They were chasing them because they skipped out without paying the bar tab. When my kids were small, we'd watch that movie once a month. Sound up through the stereo! Kids dancing in front of the TV.

Last edited:
if i can sneak away from the family for a few hours i should be able to figure out the question ;)

(also why i always wanted a car called "Katie")

full tank of gas , half a pack of ciggartettes and 600 miles to CHICOGO HIT IT LMAO some thin like that that movie is the bomb BULUSHI WAS JUST OO KEWL

Cars got a little bit of pickup!!!

Midwest....represent!

My buddy is totally into mopar CHP cars....now that is a different breed.

I tend to not over-analyze Horrywood movies so much, rather just enjoy 'em. It is almost annoying to me how some worship movie CARS, as every single one of them is fake at least in some ways. There's a huge controversy going on elsewhere someone has claimed to have "found" the missing Bullitt Mustang. Who knows. The guy(s) who built it for the movie is likely not around, anymore.

It's also pretty annoying when you find out some of your "favorite" actors are jerks in some way. Annoying that Tom Selleck in his old age is pushing reverse mortgages, which in many ways are an out and out scam.

I wish that I could turn my mind off to enjoy TV and Movies without having contempt for certain "stars" with Liberal viewpoints.
Actually, I should clarify that I don't mind it when people have differing opinions. It is when they try to persuade me or others to abandon our opinions or values that I get annoyed.
I have quit watching TV shows when I don't like certain actors or don't like what they do on the show.
Back when the Blues Brothers was new in the theaters, I was in High School and had yet to form any political opinion.

Met Chuck Napier when he was a young actor wannabe working PR for a trucking mag back in the 70'z.... The scene where Henry Gibson drives off the bridge was shot in Milwaukee.

-
Back