BMW stands for "Blew my wad"

-
633 csi, that was a good bmw.

I've worked on them, just another tight engine compartment.
Volvo's too.

Id rather own a new Volvo than a new BMW.

btw....gotta love it when that 80's beemer inline fuel regulator go's out and the average user cranks 'with no start' till he hydro locks the cylinders, or many cases...pushes the head gasket out like the last '89 325 is I had to fix...

My daughter was given a 1991 318is as a gift. It was a sweet handling car. Took it out to Las Vegas and managed to get 35mpg while doing 90 - 95 for most of the desert drive with the a/c on! Later on, the cpu started acting up and I was quoted $$$$ to fix it. It has been sitting for 4 years saving me money on insurance while I look for a cheap used cpu module.

With gas prices what they are, I think that I will bring it out of moth balls.

I had a 1802 - same as the 2002 just a 1.8 eng when I was stationed in Germany. Paid $50 from another guy going stateside. Ran great, parts were cheap and that one was very easy to work on. I can't stand the newer ones now. I typically turn them away in my shop.

One of the biggest problems with German cars in the U.S. is that they're not meant to be driven at speeds less than an average of 75 - 85 mph , sustained . That's their power range ; that's where they get their best fuel economy .

Also , people in Europe don't typically drive more than 10,000 per year ( from what I've heard from citizens of Germany , France , and Norway ) , so this 36,000 - 50,000 miles per year that Americans put on their cars , in stop & go traffic , and slow speed driving , is enough to kill these things .

I really like the late 80's M6 Bavaria ( European-market model ). I've seen a couple of 'em here ; turbo 6 cylinder , gorgeous 16" BBS wheels , and completely free of those ugly *** 5 MPH bumpers and tacky side marker lamps , which ruin the looks of the car .

As far as new(er) BMW's , Mercedes , et al. , : no thanks ! Overcomplicated messes that will eat you alive if you keep it for more than 3 years !

Wasnt the transmitter, it was the KE receiver. She had the window broken and drove it home. Hope BMW of Newport picks up the tab. Never had a Bimmer, but an old 2002 would be kinda cool. Not a real modern car type, too boring to drive. My LS400 was a sofa on wheels, and that's about it. Had a freakin smooth quad cam V8 with 6 bolt mains, was considering buying the car back just for the motor for a rod build, but with a carb.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG-4sSoXlaM"]YouTube - Bmw f1 turbo engine from the 80'[/ame]

Cool video. Can't go wrong with 1,350hp 4cylinder.

I know there are many things 'BMW' stands for, but one of my forums has only one name for the drivers.
It starts with 'd' and ends with 'bag'. You can figure out the rest:-D

(it's all in good fun though, even the BMW owners there call themselves d-bags lol.)

My daughter was given a 1991 318is as a gift. It was a sweet handling car. Took it out to Las Vegas and managed to get 35mpg while doing 90 - 95 for most of the desert drive with the a/c on! Later on, the cpu started acting up and I was quoted $$$$ to fix it. It has been sitting for 4 years saving me money on insurance while I look for a cheap used cpu module.

With gas prices what they are, I think that I will bring it out of moth balls.

It seems like you should be able to get a computer pretty cheaply for that car. I picked one up for a 533i for $25 off of Ebay about 5 years ago but the 3-series might be more popular than the 533. There's gotta be one for under $100 out there somewhere. The sport seats are nice, and in the 3-series they are manual so they are LIGHT! Unlike my 5-series ones that have 3 or 4 motors in them and weigh about 70 lbs... :wack:

I know there are many things 'BMW' stands for, but one of my forums has only one name for the drivers.
It starts with 'd' and ends with 'bag'. You can figure out the rest:-D

(it's all in good fun though, even the BMW owners there call themselves d-bags lol.)

The funny thing was I thought that all BMW drivers were d-bags as well but then I owned one and found out why...

Actually my quote to a friend was, "Now I know why BMW owners drive like a-holes. Because they can!"

-
Back