body filler?

-

trbodrt

Reaction score
I know a lot of people use led to fill and smooth the roof seam on dodge darts with factory vinyl tops, i dont plan on putting mine back on, just curious if anyone has used body filler in place of the led before painting and if it holds up, if so what kind.

Your regular bondo filler will work fine. I use Evercoat liteweight (I think that's the name).
C

I'd be inclined to remove all the old lead and fill with something like "All-Metal", then finish with regular filler.

before you apply any filler,weld the seam completely or you will be fixing it again

If the factory lead is ok (no cracks) rough it up with a grinder and use regular filler over it to level it out. If it has lasted 40 years, no need to remove it.

If the factory lead is ok (no cracks) rough it up with a grinder and use regular filler over it to level it out. If it has lasted 40 years, no need to remove it.
X2 the biggest problem with body filler is the people that mix it.be consistent and mix it well.most people mix it with more hardener then it needs and don't mix it enough.the hotter it is the less you need the colder it is the more you need.just be consistent.I have put it in 3 inches.thick and never had a problem.doing custom work...just tring to help Artie

I vote for the Evercoat Metal to Metal too. Mixes and applies like regular filler but is much stronger, it's water proof and less likely to crack.

-
Back