body panel breakdown 74 duster

-

George L

Reaction score
Any one have a body panel breakdown ??
Looking for the name of the panel that goes between the inner fender and the firewall
AMD sent a Front Right and Front Left splash shield and there is nothing on the car that resembles what they sent the first 2 pictures
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg
Panel I am looking for both sides

Last edited:
What you received installs between the rear of the fender and the side of the firewall/hinge area and is called a splash shield.

EDIT: I thought the later splash shields were made of plastic.

What you want is the "inner fenders" that are spot welded to the core support, upper part of the frame rail, the curved metal bracket that supports the shock absorber and the flang sticking out from the firewall.

When i ordered the inner fenders this is what they sent but they are missing that 6 inch panel against the firewall
inner fender.jpeg

Every place i talk to no one seams to have this 6 inch panel . ( Most don't even know what I'm talking about) . I need to know what the flange that connects the firewall to the inner fender is called

I think that flange is not actually part of the firewall but an extension of the outer kick panel panel. That's what it looks like on my 65 Dart. Maybe someone can provide further insight!

-
Back