Body Panels

-

Realest

gearhead 4 life
Reaction score
Who has the best quality replacement body panels these day? Or are they all the same?

We'll have to see what others think but likely the consensus will be AMD. They're pretty nice but at least I found not without some issues that if you look at my build thread you can see what they were and how I addressed them.

For the most part...find yourself an unmolested 4 door and call it a "donor"

amd. but warning, they've stopped stamping certain A body parts and are out or running out of certain panels.

AMD.
The closest you will get to N.O.S. or very good used original.
Don't waste your time on Goodmark or the cheap hand formed panels.
Goodmark were actually designed to fit over your existing panels (or what's left of them) which is bogus IMHO (and they are thinner to boot).
Have a close look at Swinger340Canuc's build thread for some great pictures and step by step descriptions on the A.M.D. stuff and how it fits.

amd. but warning, they've stopped stamping certain A body parts and are out or running out of certain panels.
I contact AMD today and asked. This was the response I got:

upload_2016-10-11_19-54-44.png

View attachment 1714979088
well that's good then, I'll call today. I've been trying to get a rear quarter skin for my dart since January, even spoke directly to AMD at the Mopar Nats and that's where I was told they had stopped stamping certain parts for certain A bodies. I also contacted Stepthen Performance back in July and was told that quarters were on backorder and had been at that time for over 8 months. So I shall call again.

View attachment 1714979088

well that's good then, I'll call today. I've been trying to get a rear quarter skin for my dart since January, even spoke directly to AMD at the Mopar Nats and that's where I was told they had stopped stamping certain parts for certain A bodies. I also contacted Stepthen Performance back in July and was told that quarters were on backorder and had been at that time for over 8 months. So I shall call again.

Edit** I just checked AMD's own website, they do not even list the quarter skins/quarter panels even now for a 73-76 dart. I know 100% they did sell them because last fall I bought the drivers side from them directly. So we'll see what they say.

qtr.JPG

I imagine its hard to keep stock on hand for some of these companies. I am sure fewer and fewer sales occur. Currently availability might be a different discussion, as I just asked if they were stopping stamping. Keep me post! I did ask specifically about 1969 darts 2 doors cars when I emailed them.

I imagine its hard to keep stock on hand for some of these companies. I am sure fewer and fewer sales occur. Currently availability might be a different discussion, as I just asked if they were stopping stamping. Keep me post! I did ask specifically about 1969 darts 2 doors cars when I emailed them.

yep, confirmed they ceased production on them.

resqtr.JPG

-
Back