body question

-

stampede

Reaction score
Hello all, art from obx of NC.
question on recent purchase during some mild customization of my 1974 dart swinger 2dr ht.
Trying to make it a little more sleek on this original 38k mile grandma 6cyl air car. shaving and recessing the marker lights, eliminating the swinger emblem and fender turn signals, disc brake upgrade and some 17" wheels. The only thing I hate and cant decide on is the bumpers, they are huge and stick out back and front like a continental kit should be optional!. does the 71-3 bumpers fit on the 74, esp the rear, w/o much mod or does anyone have any ideas, don't mean to reinvent the wheel, my daughter is turning 16 in 6 mos and I hope to have it for her/us to enjoy. art

Where is obx NC? Cut the bumper and nearow it pull it back to the body remove the 5mile hour big bumper blocks and paint them body
Color will help hide them or change it to a 70 dart the front and rear will just bolt on!

Where is obx NC? Cut the bumper and nearow it pull it back to the body remove the 5mile hour big bumper blocks and paint them body
Color will help hide them or change it to a 70 dart the front and rear will just bolt on!

personally I don't like the look of colourmatched bumpers, my vote is for the 70 dart front end

the complex curves make it not as simple w the 74 to just pull it in because it sticks out 3/4 inch on both sides and the trimming centrally would cause the angles of the tail light bezels to not match anymore. I agree w the painted bumpers, not a great fan although black chrome or the powder coating black chrome look I think would look ok. just trying to find some better options for those mph bumpers, both front and rear, already took off the guards and that helps some.
yes obx = outerbanks of NC
thx

the complex curves make it not as simple w the 74 to just pull it in because it sticks out 3/4 inch on both sides and the trimming centrally would cause the angles of the tail light bezels to not match anymore. I agree w the painted bumpers, not a great fan although black chrome or the powder coating black chrome look I think would look ok. just trying to find some better options for those mph bumpers, both front and rear, already took off the guards and that helps some.
yes obx = outerbanks of NC
thx

Welcome from a ex Carolinian

-
Back